PDA

View Full Version : Local 777 F/O sacked?

SMOC
15th Nov 2007, 13:43
Any truth to the rumour, not flying related.

CruisingSpeed
15th Nov 2007, 15:17
Ops normal in lala-your-contract-is-under-continued-review-land, or is there an unexpected twist to the usual story? :hmm:

Flying Mechanic
15th Nov 2007, 15:47
feel sorry for the dude, but loads of jobs out there now......blessing in disguise as they say

DCT_LIMES
15th Nov 2007, 16:21
Not flying related, then what is it related?

PeasantUprising
15th Nov 2007, 23:16
Excessive sick calls, at least that's 1 of the rumours.

tryhard
16th Nov 2007, 02:28
Another victim of the CX Sickness management program!!

Management at it's best!!

KA just sacked 2 of their long term sick pilots as well........

The answer is don't get sick...............:ugh:

Mr. Bloggs
16th Nov 2007, 06:52
Always download you conversion course data and save it. After every RT/PC, download the latest data. Your next gig may require seeing it.:ok:

Here’s to a 3-month rolling contract or is most cases 10 minutes notice. One never knows.:suspect:

Fair.Pilot
16th Nov 2007, 12:59
This guy is heading back to below Equator...

Good luck!

Cider30
17th Nov 2007, 00:11
Just how much calling in sick is considered excessive.

Does anybody have experience from the past about this subject, both regarding long term sickness or too many 4 day colds.

cider30

sawadecup
17th Nov 2007, 02:28
It seems that guy is sacked during Upgrade from S/O to JFO isn't it?I heard the general sick leave days in one of the local carrier is around 30days/year. Is this excessive?:hmm:

CruisingSpeed
17th Nov 2007, 07:48
Where is TheManagements post, saying that NO sick days will be tolerated and that blocked sinuses will NOT be a safety issue, not until your 3 crew long haul roster has been established… :E

Yes, downloading your complete training record is very good advice and the first call of action when you find your career targeted.

ChairmanBoysClub
17th Nov 2007, 11:33
If sickness or a hint of it is the Cathay Pacifics reason for sacking one of its pilots I hope the AoA is into the case and providing the sufficient funds for a lawyer to take the case on behalf of the pilot. I for one certainly would put a good lawyer onto it at get some media coverage with the spot light on the potential effects of intimidating pilot into operating while he is not feeling fit to do so! Nasty stuff can come out of a well thought of spin of the media - never to be under estimated.. :ok:

sawadecup
18th Nov 2007, 15:14
or just a wanna be...

ChairmanBoysClub
19th Nov 2007, 04:34
No my friends. Ive been here long enough to know enough. :ok: Yourselves?

ChairmanBoysClub
19th Nov 2007, 09:10
You mean, unlike you? So, you've been here for 10 minutes or what? AND so what? :D Just get over it, man. Chill. :ok:

Now, what happend to the fellow? Any new info on it?