PDA

View Full Version : Any SQ Cabin Crews ?

Hermie
8th Aug 2001, 17:09
Hi,

I'm just wondering ? If there are any SQ Cabin Crews ? Well because, it'll be interesting to know that they do come here and post topics or answer certain questions.

Nevertheless, here is my question ! The process of Cabin Crew recruitment, is it very challenging. What do we have to look out for during our interview ? What about the pay and the working conditions like in SQ ?

Anything else that's missing here, kindly inform me and the other CC wannabes. Thank You !

Cheers,
Herman :cool:

Hermie
12th Aug 2001, 06:12
Hi,

I'll try this one more time, in HOPE that there will be a reply

Cheers,

QNH1013
12th Aug 2001, 07:23
Hi Hermie,
Looks like SIA Cabin Crew don't PPRuNe much...or they're too busy partying! Have you managed to get an interview for the SIA crew yet? Hope all goes well for you. Sorry I don't have much info for you, I do have friends that are SIA crew, generally it's a good life for Singaporean standards. I know they are looking for LOTS of new crew in the near future due to fleet expansion though not sure of the ratio of males to females. Usually the demand for girls is higher (aint it always so). If I can find more info on the selection process I'll e-mail you. Anyway, I thought you were trying for the Pilot position?
Regards.

P.S. How was the NDP in Singapore this year? :)

Hermie
13th Aug 2001, 09:13
QNH1013,

Thank You, although you didn't answer my question.

Hahaha...partying ! That's a good one mate. Well yes, I'm very interested in the Pilot Position but I guess I'm not up to standard yet. Therefore Cabin Crew first, so I'm able to save up a little more money to pursue a higher qualification. A degree, hopefully. But it all depends ...

This is basically just a plan. I mean, Nobody plans to fail, so don't fail to plan. Besides that, I'm pretty curious about the recruitment and all ...

Anyway the NDP, as usual. No BIG deal. But I was busy with my receiver as there were alot of aircraft(civil & military). I was listening to every communication from the jets to the choppers and the civilian aircraft in a holding pattern over Malaysia(VJR) and one of the Indonesian islands(TI). So I was more interested in the aircraft flying around at that time. You don't get to listen to that kind of communication everyday. The fireworks display was marvellous, no doubt !

What about you ? Flying ... ?

Allright, that shall be all for now. Thanks for replying once again. Have a brilliant week ahead. [i]I got a feeling I went off from the main topic for a while ... :eek:

Cheers mate ...

Best Regards,

Aloyscious
28th Mar 2005, 12:57
yeah . any SQ CC who would like to share their interview experiences..???? I want to know more...how many stages and questions...thanks

916gold
28th Mar 2005, 15:21
well, here are some of the various levels of interview a candidate has to go through for SIA cc.

my sister was a cc with them quite a number of years back.

1.height & weight check (157cm min for female)
2. group interview
3.reading test (ie read the sample PA for passengers)
4. 5-10 minutes to prepare a speech on any topic given and delivery of speech infront of the interviewers and other applicants
5. swim test
6. complexion check. (i hear that they are extremely strict on this. even applicant who made it that far, got eliminated should the check be unsatisfactory)
7. tea party (where applicants are observed for their skills to mingle and communicate with others)

ofcourse, elminations happen in between the various levels of interviews.

i think accomodation and transport alllowances are given, though one has to look up for a place to stay. to rent a room in SIN in an apartment would cost about SGD300. living in SIN is very clean,systematic, safe and absolutely convenient. great public transportation and endless amount of restaurants, malls, etc etc .

SIA is very strict and particular about grooming styles and standard.

that's about all i know. hope it helps!

Aloyscious
29th Mar 2005, 09:04
What sort of topic will they give ? Was it tough? Thanks for your info...:ok:

Aloyscious
2nd Apr 2005, 03:49
Nobody to help me to prepare the speech? what sort of topics will be given????

Mr Seatback 2
2nd Apr 2005, 05:11
Sorry to burst your bubble Aloyscious, but the whole purpose of the exercise in preparing a speech is to test your ability to handle things under pressure, without preparation.

Whilst I'm sure your intentions are purely for practice purposes, understand that the best preparation for this is to test yourself. Ask yourself (strange as it might sound) to come up with information on a topic that you have no background in.

Ansett Australia did similar exercises with its' crew in time past. It would not be unusual for potential applicants to be asked "So...tell me about gravy". And for a few minutes, potential applicants had to hold it together to come up with as much CONVERSATION on the topic of gravy.

As far as I'm aware, they're not testing your general knowledge - they're testing your ability to handle questions 'out of left field', as will be asked of you by passengers when you least expect it.

If you look flustered, get angry, upset, etc...chances are you'll be eliminated! If you can handle the stress with style and grace, chances are you'll succeed!

916gold
2nd Apr 2005, 17:49
hey aloycious,

i'm not from SIA - my sis was. i think i mentioned this earlier.

anyway, the topic she got was something about smoking. maybe her opionion about this habit..

well, smoking is a very relevant topic between cc and pax...hah.

where are you from bytheway?