PDA

View Full Version : Degree or HND/C in Cabin Crew

Overthehill
7th Aug 2001, 05:20
Does anyone know if there are any such courses (Degree or HND/C) in Cabin Crew? :rolleyes:

Evacu8
7th Aug 2001, 16:07
QANTAS offers all f/a's nationally/ internationally recognised and accredited training.

By completing the initial training course, you acheieve 'certificate 3- airline operations'. Thats your starting point. From there you achieve certificate 4 (when you pass the International Cabin Superviosr course + extra study), then Diploma of airline Operations ( Cabin manager/ CSm/ FSD course).

They have their own fully accredited college. So you can actually get Diplomas through your promotions (providing you pass the promotion courses which are pretty intense !!!), plus degrees in airline operations.

You can also do additional studies through the college, in Human Resources, Training and a few other areas. It's pretty good, but it's not technicaly a 'cabin crew degree', its a general 'airline operations' course.

WelshCityFlyer
7th Aug 2001, 20:47
Overthehill

You can get yourself 5 degrees/diplomas or more in 'Cabin Crew...' BUT at the end of the day, I doubt if they will do you much good.

Regardless of your qualifications, you will still have to pass the application, assessment, then, (if you get that far), the interview stages.

These criteria apply to all candidates; airlines set their OWN standards for applicants - if you do not make that criteria, you will not get in the door.

Airlines do their own recruiting: If you meet their requirements, you'll get in. If not, you won't, (regardless of airline diplomas, degrees, etc...).

Don't waste your hard earned on airline training courses, 'qualifications' and such - apply and you will see...

WCF

euroboy
12th Aug 2001, 14:44
I believe a few colleges are offering NVQ in cabin crew. The course is 36 weeks (a year in teaching terms).
Although they dont offer jobs at the end of it, the course seems to cover basic life skills and getting on in the working world.
I believe Reigate college offers a course.
I saw this course on aviation job search on the net.
However dont waste your money on these course you see in the papers.
At least an NVQ is a nationally recognised UK qualification.
I know the local library has a career section and there are guides to all the colleges in the UK and the course they offer. :)