PDA

View Full Version : Pay & Conditions In Entry Level Flying Jobs??

Lacma
15th Nov 2007, 00:32
Howdy all,
I'm currently employed in another industry and getting seriously bored with it, am married and the missus is a teacher, I'm in my mid 20's and have a G.F.P.T. and am thinking of finishing off the CPL, but want to get some idea of the money that can be earnt in the first flying job, obviously on singles somewhere, there's a few ads around for C210 drivers etc. Also with the Kidman ad in last weeks Australian any idea what pay would be like with them and what a/c do they have so is there room to move? Thanks.

Chadzat
15th Nov 2007, 01:26
Head to www.afap.org.au and on the right of the front page there should be a link to the "General Aviation Pilots Award". All the info (casual and full time rates) are in that little document. Can't comment on the actual pay for a Kidmans jobm, but I know the guy who was in that job and he was saving a little bit each week- certainly enough to get by, but when you are not flying you are working hard doing other station jobs.

If you score a charter/scenic job in a 210/206 the operator SHOULD pay you about $48/hr for a single VFR. Twin IFR you SHOULD be geting closer to the $60 per hour mark. Single VFR full time wage is circa $32K I think.