PDA

View Full Version : A.L.A.E.A & A380 agreement

chemical alli
14th Nov 2007, 23:14
will a ballot of members help or hinder the A380 introduction ?
why is the 8hr roster scenario involved on this ballot as it has no reference to the A380 agreement ?
why did union officials sign off on an agreement when an eba has not been finalised ?

until q comes to the table over the eba then no further corrospondence should be entered into regarding the A380.

lets not use members to try and rescind an agreement that may effect future lames.for those that applied the agreement was read and signed by the alaea and you knew what you were applying for with t&c

for those that have a genuine grievance, lodge it

hannibal lector
15th Nov 2007, 01:42
If we go to 8hr roster as industrial action, are we playing into the hands of M. We will never see the 12hr roster again........... is that smart....:ugh:

Redstone
15th Nov 2007, 01:55
will a ballot of members help or hinder the A380 introduction ?
Are there that many guys who really give a toss one way or the other? I would think a ballot would probably be lucky to get an over all 20% response from members. The reality is this only effects a handfull of people at most.

why is the 8hr roster scenario involved on this ballot as it has no reference to the A380 agreement ?
It has no reference to the 380 stuff because it has nothing to do with it. As Mendaero points out, probably just a convenient way to guage sentiment on that issue. Look around at what else is happening.

why did union officials sign off on an agreement when an eba has not been finalised ?
I believe the the A380 payment deal has nothing to do with the EBA. What you should be asking is why did the company sign an agreement they had no intention of honoring?

At the end of the day, there was obviously enough members with isuues around the "selection criteria" for the assn to go back to management and ask a few questions. The response they got was obviously less than acceptable. The problem being that the way the whole thing was conducted, there was no time for a grievance process. They have had 18 months to sort this cr@p out! They always leave it to the last minute and expose themselves to flack.

Redstone
15th Nov 2007, 01:57
If we go to 8hr roster as industrial action, are we playing into the hands of M. We will never see the 12hr roster again........... is that smart
The last thing M wants is a 12hr in Sydney. He would have a/c parked on the fence in next to no time.

chemical alli
15th Nov 2007, 05:50
do you not think fighting over the selection process now (mendaero) that we are handing the 380 to jha on a silver plater anyway.
what i am trying to point out is that we are continually be stalled regarding the eba but then jump in with both feet just to let acs continue with a bid process that should have already been sorted.

regarding the 8hr issue i beleive this point was taken too the commision and won by the alaea .basically if the alaea is now so concerned with the terms and conditions that they have agreed to regarding the 380 agreement,rescind it and lets walk away,leave supply chain to sort it out

wingers
15th Nov 2007, 07:22
Chemical has hit the nail on the head...the EBA is not happening...yet we talk about other agreements...at this rate we will end up screwd again...we really need to see some sort of decisive response and a uniformed approach.... unless we band together we will be left to work in a non negotiated environment...read more of the same....

Redstone
15th Nov 2007, 09:03
Chemical and Wingers are right, we should be shot of the amateurs running this non-event. EBA now or nothing!

wingers
15th Nov 2007, 09:40
Why Has this Thread Been Moved......................

chemical alli
15th Nov 2007, 10:39
to the moderator why has this thread been moved ?

i understand the current exec has had quite a few problems to sort out over the last 12 months ,perth/mel/8hr issues etc but one of the reasons guys voted for them was the promise of a clear eba negotiating tactic that now looks as if it has taken longer to get an eba then what the old exec did.

not to hijac my own post but poll the lames on who actually now cares about the 380

PitPin
16th Nov 2007, 00:21
Are we voting for the 8 hr because the Pres is still trying to look after that small minority who work at MIT ?
The majority it would seem will have nothing to do with the 380 so let the golden boys play the laughable QANTAS game !
What was in the confidentality section the ALAEA signed off on regarding the 380 and why agree to a BIG secret ?

domo
16th Nov 2007, 06:30
The majority it would seem will have nothing to do with the 380 so let the golden boys play the laughable QANTAS game !

I agree give me my 3% and let me get on with my life

chemical alli
20th Nov 2007, 00:30
i wonder if the fortunate 18 will be offered a job regardless come crunch time .as ive said before beware what you sign and look carefully at the t&c

chemical alli
20th Nov 2007, 06:36
locking yourself in for a three year deal could have its drawbacks.very limited progression

QF22
21st Nov 2007, 06:42
JHAS BOND FOR 380 WILL BE 5 YEARS/ $100k ! ! ! !
JHAS SAYS THE 380 CONTRACT IS NEARLY IN THE BAG FOR THEM ! ! !

Romulus
21st Nov 2007, 06:59
JHAS BOND FOR 380 WILL BE 5 YEARS/ $100k ! ! ! !
JHAS SAYS THE 380 CONTRACT IS NEARLY IN THE BAG FOR THEM ! ! !

JHAS says nothing of the sort.

QF22
21st Nov 2007, 07:52
Just trying to keep a dieing thread alive.
I have been told the bond will be 5yr/$100K.
As for contract in the bag, good luck with that, the way QF are stuffing around I think you have a good chance.

chemical alli
21st Nov 2007, 23:05
hey romulus i hope the guys you are going to train like a beer or two. since it looks like a divided classroom of lames , i just hope they know how to shout at a bar after course and pay up when they jag a hundred percent on an exam.also apparently q has named the infamous 380 candidates today.no real surprises here.have a few of the names anyone have the lot?

QF22
22nd Nov 2007, 14:45
I think you may find most of the JH guys have been in the QF school b4 when they used to work for QF. So they are quite familiar with the concept of buying a slab if they jag 100%. Cheers !

Romulus
22nd Nov 2007, 21:16
I think you may find most of the JH guys have been in the QF school b4 when they used to work for QF. So they are quite familiar with the concept of buying a slab if they jag 100%. Cheers !

May there be many slabs bought.

QF22: If the JHAS guys get more 100% results than the QF guys then you owe me a slab. If, by some sheer fluke (inc obvious ball tampering, bad umpiring or whatever reason denies true and natural justice) the JHAS guys come second then I'll shout you.

Not that I want to intervene in end of course celebrations, just introducing some friendly (please note that word) rivalry.

chemical alli
22nd Nov 2007, 21:28
sorry romulus ,just saw the q candidates for the 380 and dont think many will be buying slabs,guess its up to jha to come up with the 100 percenters now.

QF22
23rd Nov 2007, 01:13
I am happy to take your bet, although I believe we are on the same side!
No matter we can sit down n drink the slab together. Cheers! ! !

QF22
23rd Nov 2007, 01:16
Lets us know who we may be sharing the classroom with for a couple of months! ! !

Bumpfoh
23rd Nov 2007, 09:21
Does JC happen to be an SL2 of Greek decent??

chemical alli
24th Nov 2007, 03:14
apparently the list is long and distinguished, the succesful candidates have been named so here goes

john c base
mark n base
ashley p base
andrew m base
john s sit
joe r sit
kevin r sit
dobrei s sit
joe c sit
lee j sit
ray m mcc
rob m mcc

for those of you who dont appear we thank you for your input and please dont hesitate to apply in future

Short_Circuit
24th Nov 2007, 03:38
I would like to see some of these guys back on a tool box again!
:hmm:
he he he.

numbskull
24th Nov 2007, 10:26
If they are the best engineers to spearhead the introduction of a new aircraft type into QF at the moment then the airline is really in trouble.
Gee I'm glad I left!!

chemical alli
25th Nov 2007, 01:20
should be an interesting week no doubt , 380 candidates told of their success then told do not sign or verbally agree to anything. johny h goone and rudd victorious , wonder if q management still in a rush to have all sign up the eba , guess the balance of power has shifted slightly.

guess you would be a fool to siggn an agreement (workplace agreement) without union support, lets wait and see who signs and who has big cohonas

Hardworker
26th Nov 2007, 00:37
Phil T SIT
Peter B SIT
Neil M SIT
Robert K SIT
Ray M MW

Long Bay Mauler
26th Nov 2007, 07:39
How many of these guys have previous Airbus licences?

Surely CASA will be wanting blokes with lots of experience on Airbus.

By this I mean actually on an aircraft and not in an office.

I know some of these guys are good operators,but some I am wondering how they can get a position like this and not have worked an A/C (MW guys not included) in quite a few years?????

QF22
26th Nov 2007, 08:45
Obviously your not familiar with the good old Qantas matey boy club ! ! !

Union Man WV
26th Nov 2007, 09:37
You forgot that Atlas loud mouth Neil R. The one that had to winge for an interview then broke union ranks accept the job no questions asked.:=

N.E.R.D.
26th Nov 2007, 10:27
:D:D:D
Good luck to the whole “TEAM A380”, [/B]most ( but not all )of that lot can’t sleep straight at night and would sell their first born to be a company hero.
Do they get special hats and uniforms?
How about a special “TEAM 380” car park and golf carts to get them to the Premier aircraft of the QANTAS fleet!
A theme song like TEAM AMERICA would be great.
How about badges and gold braid to distinguish their imperial status! We can’t have people confusing them with mere LAME’s now can we.
It’s only another airplane isn’t it??
But yet again the Line Maintenance matey club is operating! Well qualified engineers with MULTIPLE airbus types and have held maintenance authorities for years on MULTIPLE types did not get an interview.
Romulus please win the contract!
This bunch of amateurs running Qantas line maintenance are a sad joke!
Once again GOOD LUCK “TEAM A380” hope the terms and conditions are worth it. Get used to each others company! Who else do you think will talk to you ???
RANT OVER.:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Romulus
27th Nov 2007, 02:57
Romulus please win the contract!

Hopefully you end up in QF management...

:)

chemical alli
27th Nov 2007, 04:16
new course eoi to be out this week

ASSLICKING 101

Hardworker
27th Nov 2007, 08:34
Well good luck to all the guys going to Team A380, with the lack of information by Qantas management it is sure to be a well organised and run operation....on the other foot, its time for the Union to flex a bit -
EBA 5 - 6 % per year for the next 3 years no conditions....it was long ago when Qantas management asked us all to accept a wage freeze on the promise that when things improved Qantas Engineering would be looked after....hollow words from management - time for 8 hour rosters, no higher duties and an unofficial overtime ban....lets see the dispatch reliability then!
As for a renewed A380 EOI? I think its too late now...

SUB
27th Nov 2007, 10:12
certain people and they know who they are, you guys are useless, bludgers and have no interest working on a/c that’s why you are in these positions, yer I can become a senior LAME no prob, you guys would not know how to lead a crew if your life depended on you, troubleshooting skills, yer right, how about you have a very hard look at yourselves and just admit you are incapable of these positions and I can tell you just wait until these a/c come into service and we will see how F**king good you are then. QF management top job on picking a bunch of loosers it just goes to show your intelligence in engineering. Talking about 3 guys in general they know who they are, think of your career how good are you? Totally incompetent I say. Oh that’s right I don’t even hold a 747 classic licence I must be an amature.

hannibal lector
27th Nov 2007, 23:58
Some of you guys obviously think you are better than what you are. I think sour grapes. good on the chosen ones B1 B2 training, guarenteed employment A380 wise. There is no way you could be a senior you have to have better skills at being a professional than what you are. Just stick to being a grubby mechanic and let the new revolution be handled by professional LAME's.

chemical alli
28th Nov 2007, 02:11
dont think it is sour grapes ,think its is about sucking d*3k that has everyone so wound up .yes agreed , some of the individuals have very little aircraft experience ,but they wont be working as lames now will they ? good luck to them i say ,if you can hold your head up and walk tall amongst men when your only a boy then you have at least the cohonos to succeed,but i would like them to hand down all the photos which include goats as some may want to fill their shoes

N.E.R.D.
28th Nov 2007, 04:38
I will state again for the benifit of Mr Lector
Well qualified engineers with MULTIPLE airbus types and have held maintenance authorities for years on MULTIPLE types did not get an interview.
No sour grapes, the point is, for a number of sucessful applicants their abilities, experience and work ethics are lacking compared to a large number of unsucessful applicants.
It is qantas engineering cronyism on show again.

John Holland will win the contract anyway!

Qantas Supply Chain couldn't organise a f$%k in a brothel ! :ok:

Bumpfoh
29th Nov 2007, 00:16
:mad: bad luck if you are one of the many (read majority) high quality hard working and just as competent LAME's who by no fault of their own (be it work location or a lack of brown nosing) has not been blessed with an MA.

According to management there is no plan to conduct any B1/B2 style training from scratch due to cost, hence no potential access to training on new types to enter the fleet!

Until this sutuation is addressed you can stick your Dugong where it :mad: fits M!

chemical alli
29th Nov 2007, 07:02
not exactly true bumf their is one individual who has been succesful for the 380 who requires the whole training including fundamentals .

QF22
2nd Dec 2007, 01:54
If that's the case Chem I don't think he will make the 1st A80 course due to start 1st week of March! Come to think of it, neither will the rest of the QF guys if QF doesn't get cracking ! JHAS begin training their guys this week !

chemical alli
5th Dec 2007, 20:56
seems this thread is dieing due to be moved . quick nurse get the crash cart (clear)

Short_Circuit
9th Dec 2007, 00:28
I think no one gives a hoot about a380 any more. QF killed that one off quick smart.

company_spy
10th Dec 2007, 05:11
true rest in peace this thread is dead