PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet: name on booking (+ infant)...

25F
14th Nov 2007, 22:53
Okeydokes, self, Mrs. 25F and 25F Junior (coming up to 3 months) are flying with Easyjet next month. For the purposes of this post we are John Doe, Jane Doe, and James Doe respectively. When it came to booking (done by Mrs. 25F for sundry reasons) in the "list the passengers here" bit the top one had a drop-down
with "Mr. + infant" / "Mrs. + infant" etc. So in the "First name" column she entered our two names. So in the end our booking is made out to :
"Mr John + James Doe, Ms. Jane Doe, plus infant".

Do you see any problems checking in with our booking in this form? Young "James Doe" will have his own passport by then.

Goldilocks95
14th Nov 2007, 23:11
Nope thats fine-i work at BRS on Ezy check in and any sorta minner mistakes we can sort out anyway. A lot of people do it that way anyway-i just change it so it looks right for the boarding passes. They may not bother changing it and if they did they would almost certinly not charge you anything. Im usually on the ticket desk and I know i wouldnt charge for that as uve tried to put the name in.

25F
14th Nov 2007, 23:24
Thanks for the reassurance. I do think that the form could be clearer!

25F
19th Nov 2007, 23:15
Okeydokes, more on the same lines... 25F Junior has a fairly large push-chair / carry-cot combination thingy for him to get wheeled around in. I asked about last time I flew with EZY and the cabin crew assured me that it didn't particularly matter how big it was, we would be able to take him up to the gate in this and it would then get put in the forward hold. But... part of the "kit" is a changing bag (i.e. a bag for all the essentials - spare nappies, changing mat, etc). I suppose this would have to count as one of our items of hand luggage? Would it be okay to put some of this stuff in the cot itself or in the carrying tray thing that hangs underneath the chair?

Goldilocks95
20th Nov 2007, 20:26
If you were to put anything in the pram whilst pushing it around the airport everything would have to fit it your hand luggage bag when you get to the aircraft. I wouldnt advise having bags inside the cot or in the carry bag thing under it as security may say that you would have too much handluggage. Its more up to security at the airport with hand luagge so i cantreally ggive you a clear answer. Sorry about that!

25F
20th Nov 2007, 21:30
Goldilocks95 your advice is much appreciated (and I fully understand that it is informal!). In my experience so far having more than one bag is not an issue once you are through sefarcity. So on my last trip I had a shoulder bag squished into my carry-on, and my laptop under my arm (as they'd only ask me to take it out, if it was in the carry-on that didn't have room for it anyway). Once through sefarcity, the shoulder bag comes out, and the laptop goes in the shoulder bag, along with the sweater wrapped round my neck, and the various things I buy airside.

Goldilocks95
21st Nov 2007, 10:12
You've got it sorted then!!! lol You sound like your a better passenger then most so thank you cus you make our jobsall a lot easier! What airport are you flying from?