PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt check

BRUpax
15th Sep 2001, 04:44
For some strange reason I have most unusually twice in recent trips found that I hadn't fastened my seat belt - once prior to landing, and (today) prior to take off. On both occasions I discovered the fact through my own belt check (I always tighten it for take-off and landing). On both occasions the cabin crew failed to notice that I hadn't belted up! This by the way, before you point the finger at less reputable carriers, on a major American and a major British airline. I tell you this only as a friendly reminder to you busy folks not to overlook some of the more fundamental safety checks. By the way, I have also, on more than one occasion, had to ask the pax in front of me to place their seatbacks in the upright position before take-off. You seem to notice it for landing but not as pften for take-off. Once again, please don't take offence, this posting is intended only as a reminder.

Coppelia
15th Sep 2001, 22:03
BRUpax...

True sometimes we don't check deeply enough, sometimes we have to rush to our jumpseats because the a/c is about to take off, no choice as we could miss our slot...

On the other hand we know that, once the cabin crew have checked the cabin and sit on their jumpseats, pax unfasten their seatbealts or traytables, even switch on their mobile phones... :rolleyes:

kestrel011
17th Sep 2001, 01:21
BRupax.....
I pride myself on being very thorough on cabin secures. Lucky on smaller A320/A321, we still have a secondary check carried out by the C/S and no2. Be it after they pass no doubt thereare many a pax undo what has been told to them. Now more of a problem is also that these very people also stand up when still taxiing :mad: this rattles me.
So once we are hurtling down the runway, we are not in a position to correct these plonkers into fastening their belts again.
So the moral of this is, its at their discretion (after being told) if they get hurt they are not covered by insurance = their problem. :D

latin sky
17th Sep 2001, 06:17
Can't agree more with you EGC....
BRUpax...
At TAP cabin and seatbealts checks are mandatory prior to take-off and landing...but sometimes pax tend to undue things after we did those checks...why??who knows??...pleasure?? :rolleyes:
Still lot's of pax think we tell them to fasten seatbelt or put the trays up or seat strait out of plasure just to annoy them... :confused:
What else can I say....