PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center......

smile
12th Sep 2001, 03:08
I know there are threads on this topic all over the forums, but I was just watching the news and it has been said that the cabin crew formed a human guard in front of the flight deck when they realised what was going on. Not sure which plane or how the news would get this sort of information, but it really brings the whole event very close to home.
I hope everyone is dealing with this O.K. and may I suggest this thread if anyone needs to let go of some emotion. ( Please keep it away from political, and culture slamming-- I'm just talking about your feeling and emotions here.)

Ditch
13th Sep 2001, 05:28
Smile...it was very hard working yesterday, especially imagining what the passengers and crew went through. When I went to work early yesterday morning, I dragged my trolley and bag from the car park to the crew lounge and thought to myself..somebody just like me did this on tuesday, and had no idea what they were in for. Somebodies son, daughter, mother, father. And then there is the passengers themselves, also innocents. You can just never take life for granted.

The story of the American Airlines Flight Attendant, who called operations from a cell phone to tell them the seat number one of the hijackers was in, just amazes me. Even knowing they were going to crash, she was still able to think of doing that in the hope of bringing those responsible to justice afterwards. Amazing strength.

Have just heard that one of the Australians on board American 11 was a Qantas employee. A Baggage handler from Sydney Domestic Terminal, on holidays. He is survived by his wife and young son. Condolences to his family.

I cant imagine how anybody could get any pleasure out of the pain they have caused here. Lets just pray as many people come out of this alive as is possible, and those responsible are brought to justice.

flapsforty
13th Sep 2001, 10:54
emotions.............

Flight attendanbts forming a human shield in front of the cockpit door to try and stop the hijackers from entering........

Flight attendants being stabbed to death methodically to get the pilots to open the door...........

Pilots realizing that they are powerless to avert disaster.....

A flight attendant calling home to her husband saying goodbye to him and letting her sons know how much she loves them............

How fragile we are..............

Deep Cover Gecko
13th Sep 2001, 14:50
May all the victims rest in peace, and my condolences to the friends and families of them all.
I have the utmost respect for all the crew and passengers who did their best to avert the tragedy. I like to think that I would be doing the same if I was in a similar situation, but it is very easy to to say that with feet on terra firma, thousands of miles away from it all.

latin sky
14th Sep 2001, 20:38
....What a bloody Tuesday...and why????

I was just finishing to put my uniform on to go flying,when saw the events unfold in front of me....alone in a hotel room...my emotions got to me...I cryied :( ...my first emotions were all intented to my fellow colleagues of that second aircraft...I was watching all of it...direct....
In the hotel hall there were other aircrew...we just looked at eatchother...we knew all of who perished probably did the same steps we were doing then,just a few hours ago...
Can't take that image from my head....

It was not easy to work on Tuesday,but sure was nice to feel some nice understanding eyes from pax that day...

May they all rest in peace....and we know that they were a great CREW

flyblue
15th Sep 2001, 00:13
I have lived that tragedy one thousand times since tuesday, like I imagine you all, fellow Flight Attendants and Pilots.
I was on the computer when it happened, and 15 min later, when the news spread, I joined the community on Pprune. We were like 100 on the chat, sharing those dreadful moments and our disbelief, passing on informations, asking about those who we knew could have been around there.
If flights to US will be soon resumed, I'll fly to NY on Sunday. I'll wear my professional mask, but, for once, I'll feel right not to smile.

Cassandra Castles
15th Sep 2001, 22:45
Firstly my heart goes out to everyone who has been touched personally by this disaster, I cannot start to say how much i feel for you. It has certainly made all our crew a little tense to say the least , i flew the next day and evertime a pax left their seat I jumped, I kept going through what i would do if it happened on my flight. I will welcome sealed cockpits and guards on board, till then I will think everyday of the crews that lost their lives and their heroic actions and hope god forbid if it does happen i can act as them.

euroboy
17th Sep 2001, 03:03
I have worked as cabin crew since 1988. NEVER have I felt so sickned and sorry there are just no words in the English Language here.

I have cried and prayed that none of the crew went through the rest of the hell of those flights.
I think more and more. Is this job worth it.
The rudeness the abuse we take.
Is it that glamorous job we take on now?

Desk Driver
21st Sep 2001, 20:08
I was sickened & horrified by the whole thing. I guess I can't even begin to imagine what they must of gone through or some of you might be going through now. As the son of a pilot & and Cabin Crew all I can see the pain in my parents everytime they think "10 yrs ago and it might've been me!"

I don't want to take this off subject but can i say that our and I'm sure everybody elses Cabin Crew (and Flight deck) who were stuck in Canada last week were a credit to the company and did us proud. Good reports coming in from pax which will be passed on of course.

One thing though a friend of mine was on an Electra Flight (subbed by Air 2) flight from Natal to LGW via TFS. Cabin crew kept dissapeering down to the below deck galley for a smoke!

Naughty Naughty!

Sorry again for going off subject.