PDA

View Full Version : New Book- Airline

euroboy
4th Aug 2001, 18:58
Interesting new book called "airline. Identity, Design and Culture" by Keith Lovegrove.

The book looks at the cabin crews role from the marketing and image side of an airline. Shows the different uniforms worn from early days up to fairly present times, including the glam years during the 60`s and 70`s.
It looks at the food and service styles going on to the cabin design and interior. This leads on to the different marketing campaigns over the years. Loads of pics.

Book is published by Lawence King and costs £19.95.

[ 04 August 2001: Message edited by: euroboy ]

rjemery
6th Aug 2001, 20:20
What airlines are profiled? European? American? World-wide?

cabin lad
9th Aug 2001, 20:14
I agree. This is a fab book and a wonderful keep sake. I recommend that you all have a look at it theres some excellent pictures and shows you what a lovely job it used to be like in years gone by. :)

euroboy
10th Aug 2001, 01:37
The book does not cover one particular airline. But has pics and a little info on United, American, BA, National (the old one that merged with Pan Am) BOAC, BEA, Braniff, TWA, SAS, Alitalia, Lufthansa, Court Line, JAL, Virgin, British Midland, South West plus a few more.

It does not give the history of these carriers its just a book covering the airline industry advertising, cabin crew image and part they play cabin design and catering.

flyblue
10th Aug 2001, 17:15
Thanks euroboy,
this looks really interesting, I just ordered it!