PDA

View Full Version : please help?

toontartcart
2nd Aug 2001, 21:30
is there anyone out there who has got any info on british med. just been invited to assessment day but wondering if the age limits are rigid? alsi is it possible to commute, i.e what are the rosters like? please somebody spill the beans.

hotmaddude
4th Aug 2001, 05:11
Hi toon Cart !!! well where does one start on B med!!! ummmmmmmm trips vary from bullits to currently 5 day trips!!! many crew commute from all over the country !! and a couple from europe!! standy by duty is normally 1 hour 30 mins but ops will always try and call u out the night before !! ( but it is not always possible) rostas are generallly good compared to other airlines that i have worked for NOT many standbys on a rosta as Very busy at this time!! Destinations include azerbijan, iran, jordan, lebanon syria, egypt and new routes from the winter to ethiopia ( yippee all year round sun tan )

Nice company to work for, very friendly crew and if u have any problems always someone to talk to !!

BUT !!!! be prepared to spend only 8 days on average a month in this country !! which is ure legal days off!! so Go for it!!! unless u have wife/boyfriend whatever who will want you home all the time

Hope that helps and good luck :D :D :D

toontartcart
4th Aug 2001, 15:10
well thanx for your help hotmaddude!!!
i just have a few other things to ask! is the age limit rigid and what can be expected from the assessment day? :rolleyes:

hotmaddude
9th Aug 2001, 18:11
Age restrictions are min 21 max 45 ( as thats when you have to retire here ) at the moment but things should change on that one

And interview day the usual airline group assesments, personal presentation and a few tests nothing unusual from most airlines

But the assesors are friendly and make you relax and are not like mini hitlers

GOOD LUCK !!!!!! and may see you out on line later this year

Gotta dash Packing to do on my 1 day off for my next trip :D :D :D :mad: :cool: