PDA

View Full Version : New Qantas chief likely to be in-house

domo
13th Nov 2007, 23:53
I think that this position should be like the a380 project.supply should get them to tender for the position and select the cheapest or use it to get the qantas dude to lower his price, this must be less than dixons by at least 20% savings. I think john holland should be preffered tender romulus this is your chance

mrpaxing
14th Nov 2007, 02:36
we get someone from India or China (on an 357 visa of course):E

Pharcarnell
14th Nov 2007, 02:51
Think you will find its a 457 visa or are you suggesting they may well get a discount for the position?:mad:

lowerlobe
14th Nov 2007, 03:07
Pharcarnell......I think we understood what mrpaxing meant but if they are from India then they will certainly be asking for a discount..... With China....mmmmm.......not so certain.

The problem with corporate pay and conditions is that like a lot of things you will never see a reduction in price.Whoever takes over when GD leaves will be very well paid.

mrpaxing
14th Nov 2007, 06:36
when i get a bite. my bet GD is leaving early:ooh:

Romulus
14th Nov 2007, 06:51
I think that this position should be like the a380 project.supply should get them to tender for the position and select the cheapest or use it to get the qantas dude to lower his price, this must be less than dixons by at least 20% savings. I think john holland should be preffered tender romulus this is your chance

Put my app in, tight arses wouldn't pay for membership at Royal Sydney.

MAybe next time..

:)

R

Going Boeing
14th Nov 2007, 07:47
I don't think that Scrotum Face will be leaving early - the shareholders voted today to give him a massive number of shares to stay on.

Qantas 787
14th Nov 2007, 08:08
As long as it is anyone but Peter Gregg.........but then again look at how big his salary is compared to Dixon's, it is pretty good.

Taildragger67
14th Nov 2007, 08:44
There are lots of very competent managers running very profitable businesses in both India and China. And getting world-class compensation for it.

Just with respect to airlines, SIA and CX have many 'Chinese' in their upper ranks and manage to do pretty well. As for India, take a look at Kingfisher and Jet (some gringos near the top, but mainly locals - maybe a certain ex-CP could be tempted back?) - both growing at a good rate - and there are lots of 'South Asians' running around Emirates HQ.

Pundit
15th Nov 2007, 00:22
Given the new Chair is from Rio Tinto, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned to a member of that board for a little advice.

Would he recommend an internal appointment. That would be highly unlikely.

Taildragger67
15th Nov 2007, 08:09
Pundit,

Given the BHP bid for RTZ, he might have his pick before long!