PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Selection

fubbalo
12th Nov 2007, 22:15
Anyone have any information regarding the selection process at British Airways? The simulator that is used for the assessment and the profile that needs to be flown?

If anyone could share any information regarding the company as a whole and what it is like to work there it would be greatly appreciated. Info regarding the salaries etc and conditions of employment will also be appreciated.

MrHorgy
12th Nov 2007, 23:03
Had this second hand from someone who is going in via the Mil route, but the simcheck is done on the 747-400. Your given a route to fly (manual SID with no FD, A/T or AP) and then up to altitude. Depending on the instructor some people then get the autopilot.

A problem will develop that needs addressing and a diversion - they are looking a flight safe, commercially viable diversion and then you'll get a manual non precision approach.

I did my MCC with a guy and we had a play with the profile - departure from Heathrow routing towards Glasgow, we eventually diverted into Birmingham which semed sensible at the time. Remember when planning diversions, if it's medical and at FL350 you have time to play, so start looking 100nm ahead and to the side and not just straight down below!

Horgy

just_go_to
13th Nov 2007, 07:25
Massive thread here with loads of info. It is titled DEP but also has SSP info too.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147292

fubbalo
13th Nov 2007, 11:22
Many thanks, have just taken a look at this thread - seems quite a story!

I wonder if there is someone out there who has more updated info as this was posted in 2004.

Doubt somewhat whether anything would change...

Thanks once again.

fubbalo
13th Nov 2007, 11:25
Thanks very much for the info, would appreciate absolutely anything that may assist me in the preparation for the whole interview process.
Cheers

just_go_to
13th Nov 2007, 19:29
The info in the thread still is valid. You'll get an idea of any changes in the later pages.

As far as pay goes then look at ppjn.com for the latest.

What stage you at then?