PDA

View Full Version : career guidance and advice needed

rizleya
12th Nov 2007, 17:46
i will be soon be starting my long and exciting journey in the world of aviation sometime next year.i would like to seek advice on a few issues that i would like clarified by professional pilots and any avition experts in kenya or in africa.

if one does their CPL/ME/IR training abroad.how does he/she go about converting the licences in kenya?

What is a frozen ATPL licence and is it recognised by the KCAA?

If you have a frozen ATPL from another country do you only sit for the airlaw exam or do you sit all the 14 exams as well as do a check ride?and how long does it take?

:)

congoman
13th Nov 2007, 04:47
rizleya - go to the career guidance section on www.flighttraining.co.za then give them a call or an e-mail and they can put you in touch with present and previous Kenyan students, some of whom are now airline pilots.
best of luck

Oluwole
16th Nov 2007, 10:47
Hi Guys,

I Do Sincerely Want Your Views.

How Easily Is It For Me To Find My Feet In Flying, Considering I'm Just About To Start Training At 35.

My Back Ground Is In The Physical Sciences And Information Technology (Competence:computer programming/Sytem Admin Linux/Windows). I Have Been Wanting To DoThis Over 12 Years Now.

Got Loads Of Knowledge About Planes(humbly Said)

Thanks