PDA

View Full Version : CRM + Wet Drills Etc

Bearing 123
12th Nov 2007, 16:54
Are CRM courses, Dangerous goods, Wet drills etc, mandatory for corporate pilots working for a company with an AOC? I know all airlines conduct these courses, but just wondering if Corporate is the same
Cheers

TurboJ
12th Nov 2007, 17:48
Yes they are. But that depends on whether or not you are working for a professional outfit or a bunch of cowboys.

TJ

Tmbstory
12th Nov 2007, 18:33
Bearing 123:

Yes, they are required by the Regulator, the Company (if it is reputable) and especially, the people that you fly. They expect the same standard as any Airline provides.

The Corporate sector uses the same airspace, the same speeds, the same runways, as the Airline sector. They both supply a service to the public and the VIPs.

His dudeness
12th Nov 2007, 19:41
Yep, because its all JAROPS 1. And the cowboys usually get caught during their annual check by the authority. Good one ? You bet !

jetjock1
12th Nov 2007, 19:45
Hi Bearing 123

You will require quite a list of certificates, some of which will be undertaken by the company you start with, some best done by yourself. Here's the list;

Wet Drills, Fire and Smoke, First Aid, CRM, Security training
Dangerous Goods Awareness,

RVSM, High Altitude Training (if its your first jet type),
You might also need Steep approach training / Short Fied Operations
Low Vis Take-Off procedures or MNPS

Sure there is some more but just cant think at the moment.
Ask for Andria at Tag she knows whats required and Tag can provide a lot of it.
Good luck :)

Bearing 123
13th Nov 2007, 09:10
Hi All

Thanks for the info. One quick question regarding wet drills. I'm not the strongest swimmer, in fact I can just about get from one side of the pool to the other. Is this a major problem? are the drills carried out actually wearing the life vest, or will I have to prove that I can swim X amount of metres etc unaided.

Many Thanks

unablereqnavperf
13th Nov 2007, 09:13
25 metre's unaided in your normal clothes! Suggest you get some practice!

Crosswind Limits
13th Nov 2007, 10:08
Seriously the swimming is NO big deal you'll be fine!;)

Wingletnut
14th Nov 2007, 07:59
I've been told there is an outfit in Farnborough that runs all these courses. Can't remember the name (helpful, I know) but if you go into Tag op's at FAB they've got flyers on the desk in op's.

flybypilot
14th Nov 2007, 08:21
It is TAG Aviation that run the courses, the contact you are looking for is Malcolm Rusby and he is very very good, runs a very informative and most importantly fun operation there!:ok:

Bearing 123
14th Nov 2007, 12:47
Thanks everyone for the info.

My new employer will be sending me on these courses so I guess they will pick where, may even be TAG for all I know. Up to now been flying for a private owner single pilot, so haven't really had to worry about the above.

Better get down the pool and learn to stop drowning :eek:

Cheers