PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Recruitment Online Applications

MIKECR
12th Nov 2007, 11:22
Anyone heard if the website is opening again today or not?? It says 12th November but the date keeps being put back

maxalphaboy
12th Nov 2007, 17:26
Just seen on the website, that they have had tech diffculties and will be opening tomo at 10am hopefully!!! :ok:

MAB

Callsign Kilo
12th Nov 2007, 17:52
An email is circulating saying it will indeed be tomorrow

Currymonster
13th Nov 2007, 05:26
I have seen the payscales at Flybe and starting pay appears to be £23920.. Does anyone know what one could expect NET each month when sector pay is added for a new joiner? TA

Lolo737
13th Nov 2007, 09:40
Is anyone else experiencing technical problems with the application form?
I cant get past the 're-confirm your email address' page! Theres no 'continue' link to click!

MIKECR
13th Nov 2007, 09:44
I've got the same problem, cant get past the registration process. Doesnt recognise my email address from last time either

Lolo737
13th Nov 2007, 09:47
Hmmm, guess they thought we better open it whether it works or not!

MIKECR
13th Nov 2007, 09:49
Indeed...........ah well, off to walk the dog, might be working when i get back!

AdamLT
13th Nov 2007, 09:51
with what school are they using?
and therefore, where is the online application form??

cheers
ad

MIKECR
13th Nov 2007, 09:55
Sorry Adam, its for already qualified people

AdamLT
13th Nov 2007, 09:57
ah cheers Mike.
i would have a slight problem then with applying ;)

neilia
13th Nov 2007, 15:27
It's working fine for me, have you chaps managed to get it going?

MIKECR
13th Nov 2007, 15:51
I think there's still lots of teething problems with it, Neil. I got so far and then it crashed. It cant make up its mind whether it recognises my email address either. I've had to ask for a password reminder and now it doesnt recognise my email again! Got a message saying 'sorry, essential maintenance going on..blah blah...sorry for any inconvenience'. Think i'll leave it for a few days, I dont trust it not to lose my application!!

neilia
13th Nov 2007, 16:02
Hmm, I'm getting on okay with it. I did discover though that if you get booted out, you need to come back in via the link from the Flybe website, rather than the Bond login screen. Ah well, good luck! I can't imagine there'll be any processing going on that quickly anyway.

dougy24
13th Nov 2007, 16:32
Got the b****y thing almost compelted and its now dumped me out and deleted it !!!

Check plog,doh!
13th Nov 2007, 17:39
Just got mine completed!!!!!! after about 12 crashes....:ugh: Hey ho,wait and see what happens.

Good luck to all applying.:ok:

Captain N
13th Nov 2007, 18:22
quick question
can anyone tell me, for the five year history section I was at uni for four years 2002-2006 do i need to give details of my summer holidays every year? or is the fact that i was at uni cover the whole year?

maxalphaboy
13th Nov 2007, 18:31
I keep getting stuck on the flying experience page, its just loading and loading and ....................

anyone else still having hassle.

MAB

Maude Charlee
14th Nov 2007, 09:44
The crashes are a deliberate addition to prepare you for life on the Dash. :E

Captain N:

Yes, being registered for a full-time course at Uni is sufficient for reference purposes - you do not need to account for your activities during course holidays, unless you chose to take up employment during that time.

Ex Oggie
14th Nov 2007, 17:40
Got the online app in yesterday, eventually.

I had an email reply today. It states I do not meet the current recruitment criteria for First Officer and will not be processed further. I find this rather strange as I did meet the criteria last year, and I ticked off all the requirements on the application form.

Anybody else had this? Have they changed the criteria and not published it?

XO

BlueRobin
14th Nov 2007, 17:45
What are your qualifications? Which school(s) did you use?

Bear in mind for the forthcoming year, FB only have (according to IC) 50 out of 100 positions open to this process. The others are placed through approved schools, cadet schemes etc.

Apparently your theory school is counted as an attendance so deducts one off your total max schools.

Ex Oggie
14th Nov 2007, 17:55
What are your qualifications? Which school(s) did you use?

Am I missing something here?

XO

chocky
14th Nov 2007, 21:13
My application was also rejected despite the fact that I too meet all of the requirements. Does anyone know of anyway to get individual feedback because i would quite like to know how I can possibly not meet their individual requirements?!

BlueRobin
14th Nov 2007, 22:24
Oggie, perhaps there is a glitch?

With your hours though, you come in over the 700hr rule so the school thing is annulled afaik.

BR
(Another Warwickshire bod)

AceOfHearts
16th Nov 2007, 13:22
This is rather worrying. What chance would low houred guys have then?

May be there is some sort of mulfunction in the systerm?

If anybody finds more information, kindly post it up here please.

Thanks.

MIKECR
16th Nov 2007, 14:40
I also fall into the 'more than 2 FTO's' bracket but I havent heard anything back yet. I guess time will tell.

Deano777
16th Nov 2007, 15:02
Ex Oggie

Sounds like a mistake somewhere, if you are modular then you are more than likely going to have a different GS school to your Flying school. The 2 School thing as far as I was always aware is your flying only, which includes PPL.

MrHorgy
16th Nov 2007, 17:26
The app clearly states they want people from ONE FTO, EXCLUDING PPL and Groundschool.

Horgy

Ex Oggie
16th Nov 2007, 17:39
I have rechecked and resubmitted my application. I can only wait and see what happens, I'll post any feedback I get, as this seems to be happening to a lot of applicants.

My flying was done at one FTO, and the groundschool at another, but they were both part of the ECA. However, with >700 hours, this should be anulled in any case.

XO

chocky
19th Nov 2007, 08:32
Has anyone achieved any success by resubmitting their application form?

AceOfHearts
21st Nov 2007, 10:09
Waiting for the same info.

BlueRobin
21st Nov 2007, 10:35
Have they closed the application system again? Or is it just down? I'm still seeing "The pilot recruitment system is currently closed. It will re-open during November 2007."

Tony Hirst
21st Nov 2007, 10:44
BR,

http://www.flybe.com/vacancies/pilots.htm worked and still appears to be working for me. Try clearing your browser's cache.

Desk-pilot
21st Nov 2007, 10:59
Curry monster,

The take-home works about at around £1670-1850 depending upon how much flying (i.e. flight pay) you get in the month and assuming you don't take the pension.

It's not great to be honest if like me you have wife, child, mortgage etc but is pretty good if you're 21!

There's a significant rise to £27780 or summat from year 2 and of course the time to command has traditionally been quite quick at which point the salary becomes quite good.

Good luck to all of you - I'm loving it!!

Desk-pilot

tom_ace
22nd Nov 2007, 21:19
hi all, anyone know if it's possible to apply before MEP/IR issue? i've passed the skills tests but waiting for ratings to be added. cheers!

LL-Snowman
22nd Nov 2007, 21:30
yeah you should be ok. Im in the same boat, got all the papaerwork but waiting for the CAA to get their finger out and stamp it all.
Flybe didnt ask for any expiry dates or anything. its pretty straight forward. you dont have to do it all in one go either, you can save and come back to it.
hope this helps.

LL Snowman.

speedrestriction
23rd Nov 2007, 00:29
Shouldn't be a problem, just make sure your paperwork is in order should you get called for an early interview.

sr

Ian_Wannabe
23rd Nov 2007, 20:42
Ello - I just got an email informing me of the testing days in Jerez. I was wondering if this was a "spammed" email from a previous application as I haven't requested to be considered for training on this occasion...

Anyone else get the email?

Thanks

Ian_Wannabe
25th Nov 2007, 11:34
Anyone at all?

woodcoc2000
28th Nov 2007, 07:47
anyone got any phone calls from flybe????

flyingcamel
28th Nov 2007, 08:35
As it is an online application you MUST meet the criteria on the form or it will automatically reject you (e screening process.) Best advice is to very carefully read the instructions before you start filling anything in, because at a recent Flybe seminar with Ian Baston (GM Flight Crew) he said the automatic rejection rate was somewhere around 60%, and a lot of those were just poorly filled out online forms!

Just my 2p.

MIKECR
28th Nov 2007, 09:43
If thats the case then mine should have been rejected but it hasnt. I think the guys who've posted previously were just unfortunate and caught the tail end of the teething problems when the site reopened.

Go Smoke
28th Nov 2007, 11:00
Really frustrating, all I get is:

"The pilot recruitment system is currently closed. It will re-open during November 2007.

Thank you for your interest in Flybe."

Is there another way in?

maxalphaboy
28th Nov 2007, 18:00
Has anyone heard anything back yet? or does anybody have any information on when we may possibly start hearing from flybe. I was under the impression that it would not be too long due to the fact that the recruitment is going to be an ongoing process?

Those that have had interviews can you advise of the agenda I would be very interested in hearing what it entails lol.

TTFN

MAB :rolleyes:

speedrestriction
28th Nov 2007, 18:19
From experience: it is worth having some patience when it comes to waiting for feedback on the progress of your application. No matter how often you check your emails, how religiously you carry your phone around with you or how eagerly you watch out for the postman; companies will only contact you whenever their staff actually get a chance to work their way through the applications. In the mean time continue to seek out other jobs.

geraldn
28th Nov 2007, 18:28
speedrestriction Nail right on head and to add they will usually phone u when u forgot to charge your mobile or while driving down the M1

maxalphaboy
28th Nov 2007, 18:30
couldnt agree more with the above, just wondering really if we will hear this side of the year or maybe after???

MAB :rolleyes:

Callsign Kilo
28th Nov 2007, 19:31
[QUOTE][Today 19:19
speedrestriction From experience: it is worth having some patience when it comes to waiting for feedback on the progress of your application. No matter how often you check your emails, how religiously you carry your phone around with you or how eagerly you watch out for the postman; companies will only contact you whenever their staff actually get a chance to work their way through the applications. In the mean time continue to seek out other jobs.
Never a more true word spoken. I currently work for a rather well known airport authority. Presently I am screening individuals who have applied for a security officers position at a rather large airport in Middlesex. The company have enough people to meet requirements up to Summer 2008. Considering many applied for the position in August/September; that will be a rather long wait. Patience is indeed the key!

woodcoc2000
29th Nov 2007, 11:46
60% of applications get binned for not being filled in properly?? bloody heck! this may sould like a silly question, but if there was a mistake made in the application form, would i know about it?? What i mean is would the system reject my application and tell me that it has done so, or would it accept it and reject it later on without my knowledge?? Dont see how 60% of people who apply can fill in the form wrong??

flyingcamel
29th Nov 2007, 11:58
Mate, I know. Sounds incredulous but this is what the flight crew GM told about 150 people in a room at OAT a couple of months ago. There are no people in the loop for the application sift, it's all automatic. Don't know if there is a rejection email though. Ian Baston just advised all to make absolutely sure you meet the stated requirements and read all instructions very carefully. (I think 60% may have been an exaggeration but who am I to question the man who heads that department?)

AceOfHearts
1st Dec 2007, 18:38
I am worried my application did not get through at all.

When I clicked the final 'submit' button, I had one line saying something along the line of "your application has been submitted".

I have not received any email confirmation whatsoever.......can anyone comment on this please?

FlyingNikonian
1st Dec 2007, 19:08
I had one e-mail, immediatly after submitting the application, saying;

-"Dear Flying. (Which isn't my real name by the way! ;) )

Thank you for your application to Flybe for the position of Pilot, which we have successfully received.

All applications will be considered and should yours be successful you will be contacted in due course.

Please continue to update your details in the meantime if you remain interested in a position with Flybe.
Many thanks again for your interest in Flybe.

Kind Regards,

Flybe Crew Recruitment "

I wonder if this means I'm with the lucky 40% that gets through?:}

About this 60%-thingy.
If this is the case (60% being weeded out automatically), isn't that more of a reflection on how poor the on-line application form is?
I mean, the form doesn't give you much room to improvise, does it?!

Or is it just a case of people without the correct merits fill out the form anyway and hope for the best? Only to get weeded.....

AceOfHearts
1st Dec 2007, 23:09
Maybe I should give them a ring on Monday to make sure they have got it!

speedrestriction
2nd Dec 2007, 00:37
They don't accept unsolicited phone calls as far as I know.

MIKECR
2nd Dec 2007, 19:38
Flyingnikonian,

I got the same confirmation email as you. I have some very reliable inisde info and if you got that email then your fine, your application made it through no probs

Tommy' C
2nd Dec 2007, 21:09
Guy's - don't forget to check the OAT website early tomorrow morning, they have a nice surprise I'm sure some of you may like the look of.

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/

[note top banner]

woodcoc2000
3rd Dec 2007, 10:32
mikecr: If what you said about recieving the confirmation email is correct then i am happy. all we can ask is to make it through the web-mess and be considered. can't wait to get a call. if anyone gets a call, dont be shy and let us all know.

MIKECR
3rd Dec 2007, 19:15
Yes mate, your application should be through the door if thats the email you got

dingbat2407
16th Dec 2007, 12:42
Has anybody heard anything from Flybe yet after the online applications re-opened?

I got my application in on the 13th and havent heard a thing apart from the standard email saying they had received my application!!! I understand it takes time for the applications to be sorted and that maybe we will not hear till sometime next year but if you have heard something from them let us know, it would be great to know if anybody has heard yet!!!

Ex Oggie
17th Dec 2007, 10:01
As far as I know, the start dates and initial base have now been given to all succesful applicants.

Bugger :ugh:

XO

MIKECR
17th Dec 2007, 10:08
Yeah, from the last recruitment drive more like! I hardly think they've sifted 800 applications, interviewed all prospective candidates, and sim checked them since the reopening of the website not even a month ago!!!!

Fireboy
17th Dec 2007, 10:11
I also had the confirmation email, I think Flybe will wait until the New Year before they call for interviews etc.

Ex Oggie
17th Dec 2007, 10:21
Well I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

However the 800 would be whittled down to about 300 after the automatic online filtering. Then, IC states there is a maximum of 50 places for 2008.

I personally know of at least half a dozen who were interviewed and sim checked during December from the latest recruitment drive, and given start dates for January 08.

Time will tell, but if the online app is still working, then keep updating your details!

XO

Fireboy
17th Dec 2007, 10:31
The online application is still open, I'm sure if they had finished recruiting the application would be closed just like last time.

MIKECR
17th Dec 2007, 10:42
Moggie,

if what you are saying is correct then these half dozen people you refer to have all - applied, been interviewed, been sim checked and offered jobs, all in roughly 3 weeks since the website reopened!!?? I find that hard to believe im afraid

speedrestriction
17th Dec 2007, 13:05
As far as I know, the start dates and initial base have now been given to all succesful applicants.

XO I would be very surprised if that is the case. I am also quite sceptical of there being only 50 places for next year. Where are you getting your information from?

woodcoc2000
17th Dec 2007, 13:29
I too have heard of one person being interviewed etc lately(last month); but i also hear that this was purely due to his residency status in the channel islands. This was just before the on-line application opened. In other words i think it wasnt really part of this latest round..

I would be surprised if anyone hears anything before the new year. Dont be shy when you get a phone call, let us all know...

Ex Oggie
17th Dec 2007, 15:45
if what you are saying is correct then these half dozen people you refer to have all - applied, been interviewed, been sim checked and offered jobs, all in roughly 3 weeks since the website reopened!!??

Well it's up to you what info you take on board, I am just passing on what I know for the benefit of all. I am completeing references for two of them, so I think I have a fair handle on what is going on.

XO

macgiollarua
17th Dec 2007, 16:10
Hi all,
Just to give you all a heads up....i got a call today to attend for interview early january....i was actually offered dec 31st but took the later date.I applied about three weeks ago.So its moving again!
all the best!

maxalphaboy
17th Dec 2007, 17:58
I applied 5 weeks ago tomo and still not heard anything from them? Just wondering where you trained and what your experience is??

Thanks
MAB :ugh:

MIKECR
17th Dec 2007, 19:24
Not disbelieving you Mogee, i just find the time frame quite incredible. I had heard of 1 or 2 recently being interviewed within the last few weeks but they were all people who had applied nearly 6 months ago for the previous recruitment drive. What sort of experience levels are these people that your writing references for then?

MIKECR
17th Dec 2007, 19:26
mean to say 'Ex Oggie'!!:}

macgiollarua
18th Dec 2007, 14:44
Hi MAB
I completed my training at Naples air centre in florida in june...then ptc in waterford for the MEIR and finished MCC in august with parc...350 hours total....had a ppl for a few years prior to that.have to say PTC have been very helpfull with getting interviews.Also have the ryanair option coming up in jan also.....so its not looking all that bad.

woodcoc2000
18th Dec 2007, 15:57
macgiollarua

good on ya mate. i have a similar training background eg: started in North America and finished here in uk. have close to 1000 hrs and applied to flybe many times but nothing yet.. go figure.. am not even that ugly or old... let us know how it goes, all the best.

AceOfHearts
18th Dec 2007, 23:05
Just for the peace of mind for any one else who is in my boat (no acknowledgement email), I have contacted Flybe and they have said they have got my application and will get back to me in due course.

Contrary to what is said about "unsolicated phone calls" and Flybe, I found Flybe HR team very friendly and open people - that's on more than one occasion.

:)

dougy24
19th Dec 2007, 00:58
Dont know if i am wrong, but am sure IC said at the Balpa conference that they needded about 100 bodies next year?.

P

LL-Snowman
19th Dec 2007, 08:14
thats what I hear when i was sat on the 3rd row. 100 f/o's required for 2008. Not expecting a call from them until the new year tho. Good things come to those who wait.

woodcoc2000
19th Dec 2007, 08:52
yep 100 fo's total; but 50 of these are coming from their schemes with selected schools(cabair). so that leaves 50 to come from the present recruitment process.

dartagnan
19th Dec 2007, 10:04
in their flybe form, what means:

IR/ME Series Pass*

???????

Callsign Kilo
19th Dec 2007, 10:15
Refering to attempts taken to pass your ME/IR

Series One pass relates to passing your IR on the first attempt or re-sitting and then passing an intial partial

Series Two is when you have failed the intial test, however passed the second test in full or with a partial

pushapproved
19th Dec 2007, 10:19
dartagnan: A first series pass in ME/IR, (as with CPL), is a complete pass on the first attempt or a partial on the first attempt as long as you pass the failed bit on the second attempt. A complete failure first time or failure of a partial retest would mean you move on the the 'second series' of attempts if you get my drift?!
For the rest of you, I applied to flybe back in July and assumed I was unsuccessful after 6 weeks, as the web application stated. However received a phone call late October for an interview. It seems there are already picking from the recent applications but either way if you don't hear from them in the very near future, it doesn't mean you won't ever hear from them. I guess they'll keep going until they fill those vacancies for all the dash-8s on the way!
Good luck :ok:

flihi
20th Dec 2007, 17:41
Applied over six months ago and still waiting although I do know of someone who applied around March and has just got the call. By the way, has the application form changed as I do not remember being asked how many attempts to pass the ME/IR.

chocky
2nd Jan 2008, 15:44
Has anyone else received any news from Flybe about the current recruitment drive? Any news from those who were invited to interviews at the end of December?

Check plog,doh!
2nd Jan 2008, 17:58
Also applied in November, nothing heard so far. A friend of mine has just had the interview and sim, been offered a job on the Dash, he applied in the last round of recruitment earlier last year! :confused:

He had a better offer, so there is at least one free space out there.

Hope the new year brings something.

Happy hunting.:ok:

MIKECR
3rd Jan 2008, 10:18
No news yet either. Now we're into January perhaps things might start to happen

dingbat2407
3rd Jan 2008, 10:58
I sure hope so, It's frustrating when all you want is one opportunity to show the airlines what you can do!!! Keep your heads up boys and dont stop, we will get there soon enough and it will be all the sweeter cos we've had to really work to get it!!! Dont be afraid to tell us if you hear anything too, does anybody know if Flybe contact you if you havent been successful, like a phone call to say your not being taken for interview?

MIKECR
3rd Jan 2008, 11:31
Yes, received an email from them lastime around at the end of the previous recruitment drive. Basically a 'sorry you have been unsuccesful on this occasion, please reapply in November'.

dingbat2407
3rd Jan 2008, 11:42
Well thats something we can all take as a positive at the moment that we havent received an email rejecting us yet!!! It's slightly worrying that loads of people have been called so far though, at least in my present job i'm being kept current and will always have the required 50 hours in the last 6 months. fingers crossed over the next few weeks we will hear something. Good luck all of you who are waiting to hear:)

tom_ace
3rd Jan 2008, 14:28
applied in November, not heard anything yet...fingers crossed everyone!

woodcoc2000
3rd Jan 2008, 19:22
still nothing heard for me as well. Hope things start getting into gear monday. Really Really want to hear from flybe..
best of luck everyone

BlueRobin
5th Jan 2008, 12:55
Can anyone else get into the application process, which is hosted on www.bondadaptwm.com ? The site is timing out here; I had hoped to get most of the application completed this weekend. Now if it is a problem at Bond's end, I suspect it won't be fixed until office hours recommence on Monday. Luckily I have a few days credit still left.

C130Dreamer
12th Jan 2008, 20:57
Anybody got any new updates? :}

5 RINGS
13th Jan 2008, 08:32
keep up mates, your time will come!

the 2 guys that attended the sim part of the interview were in the region of 350/500Hrs, and FlyBe was focussed on DEC & Fast Track F/O last year.

Things are definately improving for 1st job seekers!

Nonetheless, don't expect it to happen in the blink of an eye, FlyBe is a big company, so you have to allow some momentum to the process. This applied & still applies for me as well.

Keep your fingers crossed!

sparks-flying
13th Jan 2008, 12:47
Is there anyone that has been called for interview that can advise, is it necessary to update the working history every 14 days on the application website or do the dates just need to be within 14 days when you first submit your application?

Thanks in advance SF

5 RINGS
13th Jan 2008, 18:44
as far as I'm concerned, nerver updated my application with regards to this particular aspect.

MIKECR
14th Jan 2008, 17:31
I would imagine they will be looking for a cross section of people. No point in recruiting too many people with 1000 -1500 hours who will all be chasing commands in 6 months. Different sory however if you went to the likes of Eastern, theyre desperate for fast track command people due to a lack of captains. As a slight aside, why do you say - 'and im under 30'? Are you aware of Flybe's recruitment policy? Do they discriminate against age?

MIKECR
14th Jan 2008, 18:25
I doubt vety much theres many 59 year olds with a 1000 hours looking for a 1st job. Plenty of 30ish years olds with 30 - 35 years of flying ahead of them though.

woodcoc2000
14th Jan 2008, 19:12
airline recruiting is indeed baffling. I do know of a couple people interviewed by flybe in the past; not sponsored at all but recommended for interview by their schools. If you happen to have gone to one of those schools great, if not (like me) then we will see low houred folks ahead of us with a few more. Am praying that flybe pick up the phones and start ringing us soon.

all the best

MIKECR
14th Jan 2008, 21:45
Perhaps they have some professional qualifications/life experience/maturity etc to bring to the table. Sometimes that means more to an employer than someone who happens to have a few extra hundred hours.

dougy24
15th Jan 2008, 00:03
I spoke to Paula Westlake at Flybe on Friday, she told me that they are gradually going thorough the applications, and just because you havent heard does not mean that you have been unsucessfull, also on the subject of age, they employ a wide variety of age groups and it is not a factor in a yes or no, as Mike said, its about life and experience as well ?, so keep yr fingers crossed !!!

D:D

maxalphaboy
17th Jan 2008, 20:47
Just spoke with a friend of mine who I trained with they have informed me that they have been called for an interview in the early part of february, so things are obviously happening.

Hopefully we will all start hearing something soon if there is an interview session in february.

MAB :ugh:

Jump-Seat64
17th Jan 2008, 22:44
Can anyone clarify whether the 50 hours in past 12 months Flybe require, is at time of application or when offered a position. Only asking because I had over this when I applied back in November but since then my currency has fallen below this.

Great to hear that there is some movement with Flybe!!

speedrestriction
17th Jan 2008, 23:16
To remain in the hold pool there are a number of conditions which must be met on an ongoing basis of which the 50 hour requirement is one.

sr

Lolo737
19th Jan 2008, 17:27
I hear they've been updating/improving the online application process behind the scenes and havent actually started assessing the applications themselves yet. Fingers Crossed for a positive call sometime soon.

G SXTY
19th Jan 2008, 18:21
Flybe are most definitely calling people for interview. :)

maxalphaboy
20th Jan 2008, 11:09
G-SXTY Have you had a call, or do you know of someone who has??

I am awaiting to hear back from them I applied when it opened in Nov, I was recommended by my flight school along with my friend she has been offered an interview, however as I said I am yet to hear?

Although I am yet to hear anything either way, which could be a good sign. I can live in hope!

MAB :ok::ok:

G SXTY
20th Jan 2008, 17:39
Check your PMs maxalphaboy.

maxalphaboy
20th Jan 2008, 20:21
G-SXTY check your pm's :ok:

MIKECR
21st Jan 2008, 10:09
GSXTY,

You care to share with the rest of us??

Flying Frenchman 2000
21st Jan 2008, 20:07
Hi all,

I also applied in late november and still waiting for a call,
has anyone got an interview yet?

:ugh:

dingbat2407
26th Jan 2008, 10:02
It may just be me but I was under the impression this was a public message board, if you have something worth saying I believe it should be shared with the whole group!!! At the end of the day G SXTY and maxalphaboy we are all in the same boat here and all itching to hear something from Flybe as much as you two obviously are, it isnt the point of this group to shut out other individuals from private dealings between the two of you, this group is for like minded individuals who are looking for that elusive first airline job who are also more than happy to help their fellow man.

I personally found it almost insulting to read that you were sending PMs to eachother as like the rest of the guys in this group would do anything to work for Flybe and getting a call from them would be AMAZING!!! Guess this just proves that there are still some people out there who only look out for themselves.

I didnt mean this to come across too strong but I feel I have made my point, in future try to keep underhand dealings to yourselves and dont rub it in our faces.

To all of you out there who use this group properly, good luck. Fingers crossed guys:)

shortleg
26th Jan 2008, 11:17
I had an interview for Flybe this week:). There were 4 interviews on the day I was there so things are happening.

Can't offer much advise on how to get yourself an interview but when you do find yourself down in Exeter, make sure you are up-to-date on Flybe history/present/future, CRM/SOPs and your technical knowledge. The tech questions aren't too bad but if it's been a while since you did your ATPLs it's worth a refresher! Also have a think about some tough situations that you have found yourself in during your previous working life as this will help to answer some of the teamwork/determination/adversity type questions you will get.

I hope this helps.

dingbat2407
26th Jan 2008, 12:23
Good on ya shortleg, hopefully i'll be in your situation soon enough. How did you feel it went? Dont suppose whilst there you got an insight in to how long this process will be going on for because although i'm keeping my chin up it has been ages since I applied now and still havent heard anything!!! At least I havent got the rejection email yet:)

shortleg
26th Jan 2008, 15:46
I get the impression its an ongoing requirement. One new Q400 a month for the next year or so is what I heard. That must equate to about 8 new F/Os a month.

I thought my interview went OK. Spent the whole of the next day thinking of brilliant answers to the questions asked but when you're on the spot you tend to blurt out the first thing you think of!

G SXTY
26th Jan 2008, 18:27
I personally found it almost insulting to read that you were sending PMs to eachother

and

dont rub it in our faces.

If you really found an exchange of private messages "almost insulting", you'll just love it when you get to an interview and they ask you how you deal with criticism and conflict.

I hope this doesn't come across as patronising dingbat2407, but as someone who's only recently registered on Pprune, you might not fully appreciate just what a small world this is, and just how easily someone can be identified from their postings. Fine if you're happy to be identified, but sometimes there are very good reasons why members want to exchange private messages, e.g. at sensitive times (like job interviews) when they specifically do not want to identify themselves to anyone who might be reading. Furthermore, just because I post on Pprune, it does not give you or anyone else an automatic right to know my business, or even my "underhand dealings". :hmm: Plenty of Ppruners know exactly who I am (anyone who's been to a Gatbash since 2001 for a start).

For what it's worth, I originally posted because I know for a fact that Flybe are calling people for interview. Maxalphaboy then posted, and as we know each other personally, and there are some issues (unrelated to Flybe) which we would rather not wave around in public, we switched to PM. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, but if that's the worst thing that happens to you this week, you've not done bad.

Just in case anyone still feels there is some conspiracy to deprive them of inside info, I would strongly second shortleg's advice. Flybe are steadily calling people for interview, and if you received the acknowledgement when your application went in, you can expect a call in the not too distant. If / when you are called for interview, learn the company history (it's all there on their website), think about why you want to work for them specifically, revise your technical questions (particularly ones relating to propellers, turboprops etc) and start considering your responses to the standard HR questions - your strengths and weaknesses, achievements, greatest challenge etc. And of course, how you deal with criticism. At interview, try and relax, try to be yourself and remember that the interviewers are not trying to derail you, they want you to give the best picture of yourself.

Anything else, feel free to pm me. :ok:

maxalphaboy
26th Jan 2008, 19:29
Could not have said it better myself!! :ok:

MIKECR
27th Jan 2008, 22:13
shortleg,

when did you apply?

dingbat2407
28th Jan 2008, 07:49
Accept my apologies, as you said I am a new Ppruner!!! As i'm sure you can understand the fact that getting a job on an airline is very stressful can tend to fray tempers somewhat. Thanks for the information you did give in your last post though, it is encouraging to know that the recruitments are still ongoing. fingers crossed I'll hear soon:)

shortleg
28th Jan 2008, 08:42
I applied in November - a day or two after the online application opened.

G SXTY
28th Jan 2008, 09:09
No worries dingbat, it's only the internet. ;)

MIKECR
28th Jan 2008, 10:35
thanks shorlteg. At least we can dispel any rumours now as you have confirmed that people from the November applications are finally being called forward.

timzsta
30th Jan 2008, 08:35
Shortleg can I ask how many hours and what sort of flying experience you have? I too applied in November but have heard nothing as of yet.

TraineeBiggles
31st Jan 2008, 00:02
Any advice regarding which SIM Flybe are currently using for selection process? :rolleyes:

Deano777
31st Jan 2008, 07:42
SB340 or B1900D :)

mattd2k
14th Feb 2008, 19:18
Bump.

Had a phone call today from a very nice lady at Flybe inviting me to an interview, though had to turn it down as I have already been given a position elsewhere. Always the way, not a sniff for ages then the flood gates open. :rolleyes:

This was from my online application when it re-opened most recently so they are starting to call people. :ok:

Stand by your beds folks! :cool:

cessna310
15th Feb 2008, 04:53
hallo mattd2k,
What is your flying background?r u modular or integrated student? I hav applied in Nov too but not heard anything yet.flybe is only one hope 4 me at the moment.

regards,

cessna310.

Rollerboy
22nd Feb 2008, 17:32
Let's get this thread moving again.

Just wondering how many of you guys and girls have been offered interviews?

How many have been to the Farnborough sim check B1900 or Saab340?

The latest info I have on the company is they are ramping up the training soon to be type converting up to 25+ pilots a month. This would be a mixture of ERJ145 and new starters. New starters can come from anywhere with the minimum levels at CPL IR (modular at no more than 2 locations).

I don't think those that applied earlier have been passed over just wait and see. Keep up the hours and meet the requirements at interview and you stand a good chance.

Any help just PM me.

Good luck all.

Roller

MIKECR
22nd Feb 2008, 22:05
still waiting patiently!

Big Frank
22nd Feb 2008, 22:36
Same here....no news is good news right....?!! :}

mattd2k
23rd Feb 2008, 07:56
Cessna 310,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I was a modular student but did it all at one school in Florida finishing in 2005 (I hear they like integrated or one stop modular but don't quote me).

I have been instructing since then at Shoreham and probably had around 1400TT when I applied. I don't think the hours make that much difference as I had friends offered interviews last year with between 250-500 hours.

Hope you all get to hear something good soon. :ok:

Matt.

GeorgEGNT
23rd Feb 2008, 11:25
Curry Monster ...

Here is a video from OAT, where a flybe aircraft visits the school, part of the video shows a presentation done to the students by the captain of the dash, he talks about many aspects of a career with Flybe including salaries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYexVjF8Rg

cessna310
23rd Feb 2008, 12:28
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Best of luck and hope you bright aviation future,

regards,
cessna310

MIKECR
4th Mar 2008, 15:18
Come on then boys and girls, who else has been called from the November applications?????? This thread has gone a bit quiet lately!:sad:

assymetricdrift
4th Mar 2008, 21:03
I applied in January, and as a result I guess that I'll be waiting quite a while till I hear anything at all.

Ex Oggie
2nd Jun 2008, 20:05
Its been a while since I was on PPrune, but I thought I would post this anyway.

The previous info I received appears to be incorrect according to a few of the peeps I know who went thru sim and interview during December last year. They assumed (as did I) that they had been processed out of the November applications. They have since found out that they had, in fact, been pulled out the the previous round of applications (April?)

Sometimes the rumours arn't true, but I guess that's why they are rumours. At least they are still recruiting!

XO

777wannabe
3rd Jun 2008, 11:29
I have a Flybe interview in a couple of weeks & was just wondering if anyone had any info on the interview, i.e. questions asked, topics covered etc???

Safe flying :)

G SXTY
3rd Jun 2008, 11:40
I regret to advise you have just failed the initiative test . . . ;)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=323162&highlight=flybe+interview

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=323263&highlight=flybe+interview

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=320173&highlight=flybe+interview

Coffin Corner
3rd Jun 2008, 12:52
I have a Flybe interview in a couple of weeks & was just wondering if anyone had any info on the interview, i.e. questions asked, topics covered etc???

Yeah, don't disclose your PPRuNe username, you'll never get the job :\

G SXTY is your best friend

MIKECR
2nd Jul 2008, 21:02
So whats happening at Flybe just now then........is anyone getting interviews or have BE stopped recruitment like many others?

Anyone gettin the call within the last month or so??

MIKECR
2nd Jul 2008, 21:29
Thanks. Its really just out of curiosity that I ask, theres so many operators putting the brakes on just now with recruitment.

Im beginning to hear grumblings that Netjets are about to halt further recruitment too............its worrying times ahead!

5 RINGS
4th Jul 2008, 17:45
FlyBe should keep up with current rate (10 pilots/month) til end of next year to cope with crewing need. this is not to include any expansion plan.

So far...so good, keep sending your CVs to them and best of luck.

mikehammer
5th Jul 2008, 16:47
Have you seen their website?

The Flybe On-Line application process for First Officer positions is now closed for new applications. This is due to the Company entering a period of converting Company ERJ145 pilots to the Q400 and a consequent reduction in training capacity. Existing applicants may continue to update information but it is unlikely that candidates will be called for interview before November 2008 with a view to filling courses in early 2009.

We continue to be interested in candidates meeting the criteria for Direct Entry Captain and we will continue to screen applicants for these positions.

Pilots interested in positions with Flybe should continue to monitor the website for further information.

5 RINGS
5th Jul 2008, 22:15
just reporting facts I've been told during my induction.

pipertommy
6th Aug 2008, 08:42
Hi,
I completed the online application before it closed.

I have a question regards the five year history section.

It has to be continuous for five years, I have been in the same job for well over this period. I enter dates "from" and "to" as I have not left my current occupation, is the date "to" the date of completing the application? When I looked in this section today it said 14 days have elapsed.

Thanks for any help:confused:

expedite08
6th Aug 2008, 18:00
So I guess this is it now until Nov then. Hopefully ill be joining the application gang by then too! see you all there. MIKER keep it up old boy. I reckon the call must be close for you now. ( Ive just read the thread start to finish by the way!!!)