PDA

View Full Version : Air Southwest Interviews

Dolomite Sprint
12th Nov 2007, 10:08
Hi all, looking for anyone who has experience with the Air Southwest interview and/or Sim assessment that is willing to pass on their knowledge? Have checked previous posts for generic interview stuff but any specifics would be greatly appreciated.
Yours with slightly nervous anticipation!:)

maxalphaboy
12th Nov 2007, 17:22
Hi DS,

Just a query, have you been asked for an interview? I applied over a month ago and have heard nothing back. Just wondered how long ago you applied. It may be worth me sending up a chasing email, any information would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

MAB

FunFlyin
12th Nov 2007, 17:42
Max,

As a company ASW will receive copious amounts of emails/letters every day with CV's etc. Its a great place to start a career

Sadly like a good few of the smaller companies they just dont have the resources to reply to each and every one. That doesnt mean they dont read them/put them on file. But dont hold out for a prompt response.

Sometimes its worth a phone call to companies such as ASW. But which would you rather, a generic PFO letter or no response :)

maxalphaboy
12th Nov 2007, 19:59
FF,

Thanks. I will give them a chase up call. I did hear that ASW were only looking at recruiting 2 pilots in the month of december, however with the newly announced route expansion this may change.

I know an ex - captain from ASW who also spoke very highly of the company. I would love the opportunity to work for ASW and agree it would be a great place to start my career.

Regards

MAB. :ok:

adverse-bump
15th Nov 2007, 12:09
Has anyone done the asw sim check at Airways? I think it is on a FNPT-II.

Would be greatfull for any info on whats involved/what there looking for...

Finals19
16th Nov 2007, 10:33
http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=t6s53z0xhhp2r0h0e8038at775xhkav06awz0kh1nvu0 gvqmtcb

Doesn't sound like ASW are having a great run of things right now...

Can anyone confirm those salaries and the bond as well? 18-21K for a DHC-8 FO?!

More importantly, a £20K bond over 4 years for a Dash!? Nothing repayable in year one either.

Is this old information?

checks-complete
22nd Nov 2007, 15:34
Details sound about right. They are recruiting for 2 courses starting in the New Year. No part of the recruitment process is particularly tricky-just looking for decent people who are keen to work for the company and will see their bonds out....