PDA

View Full Version : Those who lost jobs...

sweety
30th Oct 2001, 23:14
Sadly I'm about to lose my job as a CC. Doesn't take much to guess why. Thank you, terrorism...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So nothing much I can do, I'll have to face it!

Question to those who lost their jobs already. What are you doing now? What other job could I do which would be similary exiting, interesting and colourful? I'm just confused..

:confused:
Please suggest something as my mind doesn't want think at the moment. That will be much appreciated! :)

Deep Cover Gecko
31st Oct 2001, 18:31
Sweety, I feel for you because I'm in the same situation as you. At the moment, I'm just sending my CV out to a load of agencies, and seeing what I can find. I agree, finding something as varied as this is going to be difficult, so at the moment, I'm looking for customer service on the ground. I think that it will take a while to get used to working "normal" hours though!!!
Best of luck to you and everybody else who is out there looking at the moment.

[ 31 October 2001: Message edited by: Deep Cover Gecko ]

604driver
2nd Nov 2001, 10:25
These stories and others to come are heart wrenching to hear as this is just the tip of the iceburg. All those laid off will be competing against each other for the vacancies that do arise

"Please suggest something as my mind doesn't want think at the moment"

Send me an e-mail @ [email protected] and i may be in a position to suggest a way forward.

Regards,

604 driver

[ 02 November 2001: Message edited by: 604driver ]

Porcupine
2nd Nov 2001, 14:34
I must admit I,ve put some thought into this just in case it happens to me, and the conclusion I,ve come to is that I,m going to have to try and get a job that keeps me moving about,as I,ve never had a 9-5.
So this might not be everbodys cup of tea I know,I,m going to work for Eurostar as a train drver.
Just a thought,and it might work for you.
Good Luck.
P.

604driver
2nd Nov 2001, 20:45
Sweetie,

i got a notification u had sent me an e-mail but i got no return address. Can u re-send to [email protected] i may be able to help.

All the best.

SPICEBOY
4th Nov 2001, 00:04
If anyone who has lost their job due to circumstances beyond their control wants to keep on cruising the skies and keeping in practice,then easyJet are always recruiting.
New bases are opening up over Europe so I guess they're doing alright out of a terrible situation.
Check their web site at "www.easyjet .com"
Good luck. ;)

sweety
4th Nov 2001, 23:52
Hey, 604! I've sent you a private message. Surely you know how to get it? From your profile, that is. Waiting for your reply!

Getting used to sitting at home now. Every time I hear an airplane passing in the sky I wish I would be there! How sad is that? :(

604driver
5th Nov 2001, 15:03
Sweetie,

Check ur Private Messages.

:-)

doohan
5th Nov 2001, 18:55
Hey Sweetie and 604driver,

Guys hang in there… as i have mentioned numerous times to alot of lovely people on this forum. I use to work for a great Airline, Ansett, which went into receivership on Sept 16th. Even though Ansett wasn’t directly affected by the September 11 attacks, instead of having more to do with incompetent management, but having said that, the attacks did affect our booming tourism industry as well as aviation her in Australia, no thanks to Bin Assh%#!
I am hoping just like you to get up in the air as soon as opportunities arise, in the meantime, I have been working in hospitality as well as making great new friends on this forum to talk about and share our memorable experiences with. Plus… as already mentioned, send your CV to agencies, get temporary work out there…. I know it must be very difficult to readjust to 9to5, but remember guys… It’s only temporary, before we know it, we will all be back up there where we excel and hearts fly! So let’s just keep on posting and encouraging everybody from Flight Attendants, Tech crew to the ground crew and anybody else that is a part of, or wants to be a part an industry that brings people together... AVIATION!!!!

:) :) :) :)

sweety
5th Nov 2001, 19:55
Thanks, Doohan!

Good to see somebody not feeling as down as I do. Reading your reply gave me a little bit of hope that things will definately get better!

Good for you! ;)

gulf-crew
7th Nov 2001, 19:07
Hi Guys - sorry to hear that you lot are loosing your jobs. I too have been looking since returning from the Gulf, Been registered with agencies for the past year and not much happening on their front either got offered a good job (Nothing ever happened with it) through agency and well my advise is keep sending our your cv's dont rely on agencies. Keep trying guys, new airline starting up out of shannon, easyjet recruiting gatwick also all the charters looking again for next summer training in feb/march also try Excell hear good things about them they are recruiting now. FOOD LUCK :eek: :eek:

sweety
17th Dec 2001, 14:28
Well, I finally lost my job... :( Thought maybe everything will be OK, we'll survive! No, we didn't. I thought with our managment we'll survive. They did everything possible...

Our company went bust. All the hopes are gone. :(

So - What now? Feel like I'll never find job as enjoyable as working for this Company.

Yes, not all my experience has been rosy, but hey! - how many of us can tell they haven't had bad days?

Oh, never mind... Don't listen to me if I'm boring you. I'm really upset.

Hope nobody of you, who is reading this, will have to experience your Company going bust... :( Not nice, I can tell you! And those, who lost their jobs, I know just how you feel!

Good luck, everybody!!! :)

Ex CC :(

cloud nine
17th Dec 2001, 15:30
:( Sweety....I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your job.
All i can say is chin up and i hope something good comes out of it for you....

Cart_tart
17th Dec 2001, 15:51
So sorry to hear you lost your job sweety. I like the outlook "As one door closes, another one opens".
You'll be flying again soon. At least you've got the advantage of having been a FA when you apply to other airlines. Check the thread "Working in Asia" as that seems to be VERY interesting. Could be some good possibilities there!
Good Luck. Don't let yourself get down about it...just think of it as a bit of a holiday! :)