PDA

View Full Version : a320 for a 300 hour "kid"?

vinayak
12th Nov 2007, 04:58
Hello,
I am considering a self sponsored TR from CAE and line training facilitated from Indigo. All this, then "possibly" with a 320 job in indigo.

I have been going through these forums and I clearly understand that everyone has a opinion that a 320 is not a cup of tea for someone like me (my opinion is none on this subject)

What I really want to know from you, is it possible for someone with practically no experience to go ahead for a a320. Since I will be spending the money I don't want to just keep on getting remidials!

If there is something I can do, like get some study matter, would it make it any easier?

Any opinion, on what I can do right now will be helpful.

Thank you all.

jester_icarus
12th Nov 2007, 08:26
i have a friend.. 6000 total time, 4000+ pic twin turbine..etc..etc.. he finally decided to get a type rating on the A320 to move to indigo. he was hired but was delayed for almost a year.. he got a call a year later but was not definate on his position was with indigo..

the point is it can go both ways..good or bad.. promises are not concrete untll you are sitting in the cockpit..this i learned very fast in this industry.

my friend did spend lots of money into getting the type rating and even though he is not flying for indigo he does have alot of hours to fall back on. he is now jsut started to fly CRJ90/700/200.

he got a call from indigo soon after he accepted another job offer flying the crj..but he could afford it... i mean he waited all this time.. paid for the type rating and then finally he said...hell with them and took another job offer.

the question is...can you afford the uncertainty...specially with 300 hours to back you up. i mean if you get on with indigo FINE.. but what if not.. what can you do with 300 total time and a type rating....SIC on a ????

this is the path that we all ponder..the cost we have to analyze, and the outcome we project in our aviation carreer.

"love it or leave it"

...and yeah... at 300 hours you can be a sic in an A320, A319, B717, 737, 747, Beech 99, cessna 172....

vinayak
12th Nov 2007, 08:33
well 300 hours on a prop plane :ouch: cessna's and beachcraft duchess...

well I think that requirement AIRJAE mentioned is for expats...

jester_icarus
12th Nov 2007, 08:41
if you can afford the TR..then go for it. its an advantage you have against another pilot who wants the same position.. if you can afford it..

haree
12th Nov 2007, 11:39
Indigo / CAE specifies that they need indian citizens to convert their licences to indian DGCA license to be eligible for the Cadet program . Please read the fine prints

Pardon me if you are not indian citizen !

Haree