PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Cabin Crew

smile
29th Oct 2001, 09:42
This thread is being started to discuss and help each other out in regards to QF cabin crew interviews.

This topic was raised in the VB interview thread, but as it was getting a little long I thought it should have a thread all to itself.

So...... anyone who have advice, gossip or experience to lend a hand to a bunch of wannabees PLEASE add your two cents worth by replying to this thread!!!

:) :D :) :D :) :D

[ 29 October 2001: Message edited by: smile ]

cloud nine
29th Oct 2001, 09:51
Good idea Smile!!!!

cabinboy
29th Oct 2001, 13:33
Biscuit chucker I tend to agree, I got to meet Geoff Dixon ace to face at a Qantas Reservations staff meeting this morning and although they ordered the 737-800's it appears these will start replacing the older 737-300/400's. Also the 747-200/300 series aircraft will be retired much earlier than proposed.

Unfortunetly I don't think recruitment is high on the agenda at present, but knowing QF anything could happen in an instant.

Fingers crossed, i've now got intranet access at work so I'll be checking EVERY DAY !

Cabinboy

[ 29 October 2001: Message edited by: cabinboy ]

cloud nine
29th Oct 2001, 15:43
I hate to be the one with the bad news about QA recruitment.....just heard from HR in QA that the FA with fixed term contracts that are coming to an end are going to be given an interview for and if permanent positions come available with in the next 12 months. The selection criteria will be on how they preform in the interview, there in flight history, ie what they have been like as a FA, customer reports, how many sickies ect ect. I was also told that these ex fixed contractors will be given first priority, before recruitment outside takes place..I have a feeling that QA may not be recruiting outside for some time. But who knows....everything could change so quickly.
Honestly, if we ever do get a fixed term contract, you'd want to work your ass off, and be the best, with no time off, just hoping that youd be in with a slight chance of one day being a permanant FA with QA. So even once you get through the main interview process...more than likley you will be having another interview, this time competing with all your friends that you have made along the way. How sad, at the end of 6 months contract...your back looking for another boring old office job ect. I know that I'd definatley be in tears if that happened to me. I'll fill u all in when I get more news....
Hope all QA wannabes still try to keep there spirits high....

DoorL1
30th Oct 2001, 12:58
100 Longhaul cabin crew will transfer to Shorthaul, in addition to 80 Ansett cabin crew who will be put on as Casuals. Details still being finalised. No mention of any off the street recruitment.

smile
31st Oct 2001, 04:47
What about Australian Airlines, any news of when they will be recruiting??? :D

cloud nine
22nd Nov 2001, 17:33
Hi All,
just continuing an old topic. I have inside info from QA HR.There was a rumour that recruitment was to take place very soon, but because of the 1800 Ansett staff that have first priority, outside recruitment doesnt look like it will take place till the end of 2002. During Oct/Nov 3 training classes in Melbourne have taken place for ex Ansett FA's. they too are offered contract work with QA.
From the 4 recruitment drives that QA held in both SYD and MELB this year ( totalling 8000 applicants), they still have alot of people on the 6 month waiting list and they are even trying to extend the wait from 6 to 12 months.
It also looks like casual and contract work is hear to stay for a very long time. But I did hear that after the contract is up, some FA's ARE offered full time work with QA. So that is definatley a good thing. I was told differently a few months ago, but this now seems to be the correct information.
Well all i can say to Qa wanna be's is we have to keep waiting, and at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

cloud nine
22nd Nov 2001, 17:39
SMILE...regarding your question about Australian Airlines, I was told that at this stage there have been no solid plans on how recruitment will take place. Unsure if ex ansett FA's will be given first priority or if they will be getting fresh wannabe's in???
Australian airlines are currently being developed, it will operate independant of QA..

cloud nine
23rd Nov 2001, 11:48
Just heard that AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES will be recruiting in the second quater of next year. Advertising will take place in all major newspapers....a bit of a wait, but at least its something!