PDA

View Full Version : GF retrenchment

galleygirl
26th Oct 2001, 08:36
does anyone know what is happening at GF at the moment. some of my ex basic group have been called in and retrenched. there does not seem to be much pattern in who they are calling up. it seems random, anyone have an insight?

sirwa69
30th Oct 2001, 17:05
They are getting rid of staff all round. 40 cabin crew were made redundant last week and with GF's usual diplomacy they were given 3 days to leave the country. The descision is based on sickness with those who have a record of going sick on Wednesday's or Thursday's getting the chop first. A friend of mine who was an FS with GF for more than ten years is well chuffed as she never faked a days sickness and lost quite a few weekends due to being called out to cover these bitches. ( I am not implying that all who were chopped were guilty of this practice but they will have had less than perfect sickness records)
As usual though the boys with the attrocious records are all safe. :(

excess baggage
30th Oct 2001, 21:07
STILL MORE SACKINGS TO GO. :rolleyes:
OH SORRY REDUNDANCIES...
SEEMS AS HAS BEEN SAID IN PREV. MESSAGE DUE TO WEEKEND SICKNESS, HIGH SICKNESS, AND BAD GROOMING. BUT THERE ARE A FEW PEOPLE WHO DON'T SEEM TO BE IN EITHER OF THOSE CATEGORIES AND HAVE STILL BEEN GIVEN THE SHOVE. NICE ONE EH?
HOPE ITS ALL OVER SOON AS ALL THE FEMALE CREW ARE IN A PANIC STATE, I DON'T SUPPOSE THEY'RE WORRIED ABOUT THAT IN OPS THOUGH ARE THEY?
ANYWAY GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WHOS STILL OUT THERE.