PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store

jtr
11th Nov 2007, 01:08
Someone told me there is an Apple store in Terminal 2. Can anyone confirm that?

Coastrider26
11th Nov 2007, 01:12
There is a shop there from the same brand as at the ILFC it's not run by Apple but they might be authorized dealers or so. They have several mac models and accesorries in shock.

jtr
11th Nov 2007, 01:13
Thanks, the ILFC clue was enough to push google in the right direction.

Designer Group Company
Shop 5P022, Level 5, Terminal 2, Hong Kong International Airport, Lautau, Hong Kong.
Business hours
Monday to Sunday (11:30am - 8:30pm)

jetset
11th Nov 2007, 02:07
They tend to give about a 5% discount for Cathay as long as it is not new apple stuff. For that order from the company discount site

It seems as cheap as you can get anywhere.

Coastrider26
11th Nov 2007, 12:00
They also gave a nice discount for the non CX crew when they just started not sure if they're still doing it though. They're in the same corner of the terminal as HSBC just a floor lower pretty easy to miss them as they're not showing an apple logo or so.

Loopdeloop
11th Nov 2007, 20:38
They'll basically sell you Apple stuff for the same price as you can get it through the corporate discount link on intraCX and they are an approved Apple seller.

junior_man
12th Nov 2007, 23:02
They will give you the CX discount.

Flaps10
13th Nov 2007, 05:52
Anyone know when they are getting the iPhone or iPod touch?

jetset
13th Nov 2007, 09:46
Just for the record, DG will not match the discount on the apple (CX) website.

It is worth knowing what you can do through apple direct before you go to negotiate. Items like memory (non apple stuff) is the area they can compete on and bring the price down on but for a lot of stuff it is cheaper through the apple site.

I checked a number of places today for the purchase of a mac with warranty and extra memory and hard drive options.

Cheers

Loopdeloop
14th Nov 2007, 13:11
I hear that the DG shops in town won't match the Cx Corporate discount but I've twice bought Apple products from the DG shop at terminal 2 in the last 6 weeks and they've matched the price both times.

Truckmasters
14th Nov 2007, 14:08
I've been to DG in T2 and they refused to even discuss a discount. Hence I ordered online. NO discount, No sale.

PeasantUprising
15th Nov 2007, 16:35
I bought my Mac from the Apple store in CB a few years ago and it was loaded with every Mac software imaginable for free. I wonder if I just got lucky? Did anyone else get this when they got theirs?

I am due for a new Mac but wondering if I should just go back to the same place and try to see if I get "hooked up" again.

el commandante
21st Nov 2007, 00:38
So does the new Leopard now work on intra cx or not??

jetset
21st Nov 2007, 00:41
Yes .......

There is no difference as far as I can see.

el commandante
21st Nov 2007, 01:13
thankīs, well then itīs time to buy the mac book. Or is there anything new coming soon?

jetset
21st Nov 2007, 05:11
There has been a lot of talk about a new smaller laptop to be released at the next macworld expo.

Otherwise the latest macbook has just undergone an update with a better graphics card and a speed bump on the processor.

Do yourself a favour and get as much RAM as you can afford, this is where you can get a price reduction from the dealers. If you shop hard to can normally get pretty close to the Apple store price from the dealers but then they will add RAM and software for a whole lot cheaper than the apple price.

Buy an extended warranty off the Apple site.

Hope that helps some.