PDA

View Full Version : Tell me some funny flying experiences!!!!

Not-so standard drawers
26th May 2001, 15:53
I need a laugh....tell me some of your funniest flying experiences!

Biscuit Chucker
10th Jun 2001, 12:25
Dropped a bottle of wine in the galley (Dash-8). One of those cheapo bottles with the screw top lid. It rolls pretty much all the way done the back. By the time I get down there to get it back, the pax has already ripped the foil off, unscrewed the lid and poured herself a cup (she wisely used the coffee cup instead of the tiny plastic wine glass!) Could only laugh! :)

Xenia
10th Jun 2001, 12:34
Biscuit Chucker that sounded like an express service :) :) :)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

flyblue
11th Jun 2001, 22:47
Mother with toddler in Bussiness Class. She asks for her milk bottle to be heated "not too much, just lukewarm". CA heats it up just the way she asked it, then brings it to her. Mother calls after 1 minute, and says it is not warm enough. CA heats it up again, and brings it to her. After 1 minute, another call from the mother. "What again????" we all think. "Now the T° is ok but the baby doesn't want it . She wants us to keep it warm" says the CA in charge.
5 min and guess what? Mother calls again for the bottle. Then again to inform it is too hot. At this point the Cabin Chief shouts:"Well, tell her to stick it up her a**,it is around 37C°, that should be just the right temperature!"

Peanuts? anyone?
12th Jun 2001, 15:04
SHOCKER....

Losing a carton of milk, several cokes, also several lagers (all opened), combined with ice, napkins and peanuts, in the AISLE. Needless to say, a big mess, that went all the way to the back of the Aircaft.
That particular aircraft had a long milk stain trail for quite a few months after that. :rolleyes: :)

How embarassing, but very funny. You should have seen the looks on the passengers faces. :)

[This message has been edited by Peanuts? anyone? (edited 12 June 2001).]

irishcc
12th Jun 2001, 16:15
Story 1.

Whilst operating a very delayed sub charter for an english charter airline, we, as a crew received a lot of verbal abuse. One of our female crew had some "sexual" comments made to her, she very politley smiled , leaned in towards the pax and said "Fu*% Off". TO which the male pax replied, "i dont believe you said that", my colleague replied with, "yeah, no one else will either" !!

Story 2.

Whilst operating on a ski flight ex LGW, cold sandwiches were offered to pax as a light snack - one female pax called upon a male member of crew to complain as she did not like butter - this lady then said "you should know that i dont like it"
The steward replied, " Madam, i have testicles not crystal balls"!!!!!

Not-so standard drawers
16th Jun 2001, 04:21
I have to say you all certainly did give me a laugh....IRISHCC, your's were a complete crack up, I loved the crystal balls!!!! I would love to hear some more.

Xenia
16th Jun 2001, 16:22
Maybe Flyblue would like to post about the time one of our pax drank one of my contact lenses...in his coffee!! :) :)

------------------

Not-so standard drawers
17th Jun 2001, 12:18
Xenia....can't wait to hear FlyBlue explain the contact lenses story....sounds great!
Thanks for brightening my day

flyblue
17th Jun 2001, 21:22
Because in your country you don't add contact lenses to your coffee????? Weird people... ;)

flyblue
17th Jun 2001, 21:28
On a second thought I'd rather tell about that time Xenia had the BRIGHT idea of put the chocolate bar intended as a snack DIRECTLY on the pax meal tray...just by the hot foil...got the picture? :)
The annoying thing was to get all of the pax a straw to drink it!
Sorry Xen, couldn't keep my mouth shut! ;)

Xenia
17th Jun 2001, 22:47
Flyblue http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif
Did I really do that??? Sorry...I can't remember it....but If you say so...I must believe you http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif ... Were those the times I started my Yoga excercises in the front Galley??? :) :) :)

------------------

chilledout
19th Jun 2001, 02:33
How about this?? A recent transatlantic flight, started early morning bar service, I asked a chap what he would like to drink,
he replied" well what have you got?" I then replied " a headache and sore feet! Now what would you like to drink?"
Luckily for me he had a sense of humour!!

deepvainpain
20th Jun 2001, 17:45
When I used to work for a different airline flying 4 sectors days, due to excesive bordom we used to play a game with our flight deck where we would give them words that they had to mention in thier PAs otherwise we would not feed them. One day one of my evil colleges gave them the words "onion bajee" and "bolloks". Obviously we beleived this would be impossible. However while out on the drinks cart the captain decided to make the following PA.
" Ladies and Gentelmen for you entertainment I would like to point out the following. To the left of the aircraft you can see acloud shaped like an onion bajee and to the right you can see a cloud shaped like your supervisors bolloks."
You would be amazed at how many paxs looked out on the right hand side but not one said a word!

700 Girt Bar
20th Jun 2001, 21:39
on the subject of "words in pa's", at my old airline we gave the f/o the word "orgasm" to use in one of his pa's. as we taxied into gatwick he announced "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to gatwick the ground staff have just passed on a message for one of our passengers so if a Mr Gism or Gasm is onboard please make yourselves known...."