PDA

View Full Version : "Long Hall in Sai Kung"

Rabesh Binny
10th Nov 2007, 10:37
So how did the meeting go? I heard it was the usual "Nero" syndrome from management.

Lowkoon
10th Nov 2007, 15:13
See DPA site for a good run down.

CXpletive
11th Nov 2007, 10:57
So what was promised?

OldChinaHand
11th Nov 2007, 21:01
Free Drinkies were promised. Remember there are people out there who fall for that......some even brought the wives. Personally I decided not to bother, bought my own drink in a more entertaining establishment.

Why, you may ask ? Because the buggers know exactly whats wrong, how to fix it and where the problem managers lie. Only one reason for buying drinks for the troops and that is to work out the VERY MINIMUM they need to do.

I will buy him a drink when he pays the salary increase and fixes the rosters. Until then, forget it. Dont be sucked in by the softly approach guys.

rhoshamboe
11th Nov 2007, 21:58
Hope someone asked him HOW he was going to sort out the rostering. As much as you guys at KA want RH to sort it out ask yourselves how is he going to make a hard unstable roster better when day by day he has fewer people to manage it with. My guess is that there were lots of promisies made about looking into things but take a step back and think about it. What can he actually do? Short of parking even more aircraft to reduce the load so you guys can get a decent lifestyle...nothing. First they have to stem the flow (ie throw a sh*tload of money at the crew to make up for the cr*p you will have to endure while they sort this out) and then attract people as quickly as possible to get to a reasonable manning level ( by paying a sh*tload of money to make up for the cr*p they will have to endure). I guess some of the problem can be rectified relatively quickly if the huge ineeficiencies in the roster disappear but don't think that will go even a quarter of the way to resolving the problems you guys face.
Short version is don't put your exit strategy on hold based on a few promisies over a free beer. They may have the best intentions in the world but to a large extent the rot has set in and it will be a long way back to the point where you all actually want to be here.

crewsunite
12th Nov 2007, 00:02
Sometimes I think there are too extremes to the scale of Crew Untiy.
1) We become one & stand together to make a positive change.
2) We become more divided too the extent that it's not attractive for new guys to work here. (Current pilot Leave) In the long run & due to markets forces a positive change will result.

Either way if we sit in the middle we might be worse off.

It'll be very interesting what will happen in APR with EK basings.
Considering CX basing will become unavailable. :hmm:

crewsunite
12th Nov 2007, 01:23
If we getting screw now (When the industry is booming with pilot shortage)

then ... Oh Boy

:{ Watch out in CX when their is a down turn ( & there will be in 7-10years time)

Sinking for sure :bored:

Jerry Scribbler
26th Dec 2007, 13:53
. . . and where the problem managers lie.

As opposed to what other type of managers? I see that axe of yours is sharpening itself big-time, friend of the lowly.