PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in NZ

dudduddud
9th Nov 2007, 17:40
Heya

I was wondering if anyone knew where to look to get low-hours entry-level type flying jobs.

I have just been given a flight test date and thought I would start looking around.

Cheers.

kongdong
10th Nov 2007, 03:12
i would highly recommend coming over to Australia. Many more jobs going giving more hours.

WagonCpt
10th Nov 2007, 19:46
If you want to stay in NZ however, your choices are to either get your C cat - instructors are in big demand. Or head somewhere like Queenstown or Wanaka, do a Mountain flying course with the local aeroclub and start door knocking around the scenic operators.

I know it is hard to find more money to pour into your flying when you think the hard work is done.... but welcome to NZ Aviation! I guarantee it wont stop there.

toolowtoofast
11th Nov 2007, 01:34
andy stevenson is advertising for pilots right now.

must be single, non smoker, prepare to be a loader for 4-6 months. he'll pay for your xl750 rating, then send you to timbuktoo for the next 12 months.

206DOG
11th Nov 2007, 08:41
You could try somewhere like "Wings Over Whales" in Kaikoura, or "skydive the Sounds" in picton,
both take entry level pilots, and since both are owned by Soundsair you would probably move through to driving the Caravan IFR for them after a 1000 hrs.
Better than instructing anyway!

TZZ
11th Nov 2007, 10:16
how to contact andy stevenson