PDA

View Full Version : Crossair Info?

MinimumRest
24th May 2001, 22:58
Does anyone have any info regarding a Swiss airline named Crossair? I'm particularly intrested to know about working conditions, morale, etc, as I have an interview coming up with them.

Also I'd love to hear from any non-Swiss folk who have been based in Geneva/Zurich/Basel, just to know what it's like living out there.

Thanx a lot, any info greatly appreciated!

:)

[This message has been edited by MinimumRest (edited 25 May 2001).]

MinimumRest
26th May 2001, 21:06
Please? Anyone? Anything???

AMEX
27th May 2001, 17:46
I don't know much about the cabin crew side of Crossair but there is an info for whom would like to apply.
Crossair has only started to hire male CC for the first time. They are very few and on the MD fleet.
If you aren't swiss national, you will live in a place like Basel, on the French or German side but you will be taxed according the Swiss Inland revenue which, as far as my understanding goes,is a good thing.
Good luck with your information hunt ;)

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :D

Rusty A300
27th May 2001, 23:17
Crossair is a tough place to work. Talk about getting their pound of flesh! The one thing you do have right is your name suits the company, 'cause that's all you'll be getting! And believe me, I'm not being nasty to them; just honest. I was with them until recently, and I can honestly say that I've never worked so hard, for so little, in all of my life! They can be a rather xenophobic bunch too. If you're not Swiss, you wouldn't be judged for feeling like a second class citizen of the company. Also, as cabin crew, if you want to get anywhere, (move up the ladder) you at least don't have to sleep with the bosses or your colleagues, all you need to do is file written complaints about them on a regular basis and you'll be upward and onward in no time at all!

Enjoy Crossair! Be prepared to be treated like a school-kid again, beware the "Freindly Back-Stabbers" and watch the job market closely whilst you're there... you never know how soon you might be moving on...?

MinimumRest
28th May 2001, 23:31
Thanx Rusty A300, you kinda confirmed what I suspected - it sounded too good to be true! Yeah the money sounds good, but not in relation to the high cost of living I suppose. Anyway thanx again for saving me - where are you working now??? :)

j2000
29th May 2001, 00:03
MinimumRest,
Unfortunately I've heard the same type of things about Crossair as they others are saying, and they are not well known for paying a good salary, and living in Switzerland is V. expensive...however it may be a good way into SR, but as they're having financil prob at the mo don't hold your breath.

Good Luck!!

MinimumRest
7th Jun 2001, 13:55
Spoken to an ex-Crossair crew member the other day, when they flew her over for her training course they were 'too busy'to meet her at the airport, but gave her train directions to the hotel. The last train had gone, so she got a cab which cost her a fortune and couldn't find it. Back at airport she checked into a hotel for the night paid for by herself, then the next morning she phoned the office again. They were still too busy to meet her. She paid for herself to go on the first flight home, and they never gave her any money back for the flight, hotel or cab. Infact they never answered her calls or replied to her letters. Yikes! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Frozen Falcon
8th Jun 2001, 04:42
Can not recommend CRX at all! I was flying as a F/O for them. They treat their personnel with no respect.
Over 50% of the CRX employees should not be in aviation at all - unprofessional, no attitude.
The guys who stay are normally not able to get another job as not sufficiently qualified for our industry.

Unions (CCP+CFAA) are pathetic, do not expect anything from them!!

I do not agree with the statement about the cost of living in Switzerland.
I compared the rest of Europe with Switzerland in regards to tax and living expenses.

The state of Zurich is quite inexpensive in comparison to EC countries.

Tax approx. 12-19%
Net income of 100`000 SFR(60000.-USD)
= yearly tax of 19% 19000.-SFR (11200USD).

No worry ! Not even a Crossair Senior Captain comes even close to that figure.
With a cabin crew salary you would pay approx. 8% tax only as lower incomes are less taxed (progressive system).

Cheapest car fuel in Europe.

Accomodation average, much cheaper as London and of much better quality.

Food prices slightly above average so are restaurants and bars(approx. like London,Paris or New York).

Zurich is ranked as number 1 city in regards to life quality (ranked by a business/management magazine).

In my opinion true only in regards to cultural offers, restaurants,public transportation, countryside, sports etc.

Problem:
The swiss citizen and the 25% foreigners who live in Switzerland are not necessarily great fun.(I am Swiss myself saying that).
Quite a few people have the tendency to be xenophobic. But NOT ALL OF THEM ARE!!

Reason might be : some of them did not travel enough outside of Switzerland, steep valleys and high mountains, not sufficient space avail.
Overorganised and police controlled country = safe and boring.
Almost everything is "Verboten".

Remark : Crossair is not a typical swiss company and does not represent Switzerland in any way.

Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers from Atlanta

Frozen Falcon