PDA

View Full Version : Vale Captain Greg Vujcich

koru_kid
9th Nov 2007, 10:50
Hi all,

Sadly, Captain Greg Vujcich of Air NZ passed away at 1430h today (9 November) after collapsing at home early on Thursday morning.

The following from Captain Keith Pattie, 747 Fleet Manager:

"Greg has been a part of Air New Zealand for 35 years, and will be remembered as one of Aviation’s real gentlemen. Greg was a Flight Instructor on all Aircraft that he achieved a Command on and his style and the standards that he set in his instructing role were admired by all. Many of you will have benefited from his exceptional instructional attributes displayed over the many years he has spent instructing.

Our condolences go to his Wife, Joan, and family at this time of great sadness. He will be greatly missed.

I understand that Funeral details will be in tomorrow’s Herald."

c100driver
9th Nov 2007, 20:23
:confused::uhoh::(

Twas with shock and sadness that I heard of Greg's demise last night with an E mail from NZALPA.

One of life's true gentlemen, great aviator, and truly inspiring instructor.

RIP

tinpis
9th Nov 2007, 21:52
Way too soon.:(
Lovely fella,showed me how to fly a Mooney.
Knew him from Ray Reekies days at the AAC

RIP

slamer.
10th Nov 2007, 05:34
Arrangements for Greg's Funeral Requiem Mass for Greg will be celebrated at St Michael's Church, Beatrice Road, Remuera on Monday, 12 November at 10.30am. Rosary at the Church tomorrow, Sunday
Greg's family would appreciate it if any pilots attending the funeral on Monday would honour Greg by wearing their uniforms.

Very sad news, my condolences to his family...
I have had the pleasure of working with Greg a number of times over the years, totally professional an outstanding instructor and great guy, will be sadly missed .... Why is it always the good ones that go first..?

Jo Banana
10th Nov 2007, 16:27
Hi Everyone
Back in 2001, I attended an 'Instructional Techniques' course at Air New Zealand. (I was new Line Training Capt., flying for another South Pacific based company at the time..)
Greg was conducting the course. I can honestly say, he was one of finest instructors I have ever had the privilage of training with. You know...I still have the notes and work book he issued to us..still valuable reference material indeed!
My deepest sympathies go out to his wife and family
I'll not forget him.