PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone met anyone famous on board?

cloud nine
22nd Oct 2001, 16:17
Hiya all,

Just killing some time b4 airlines start recruiting again. I would love to hear all stories about meeting the rich and famous on board. What were they like? Sweet, lovley, nasty, pains in the butt ect ect...

wysiwyg
22nd Oct 2001, 18:35
best - Johnny Depp & Lemmy (from Motorhead!)
worst - Shirley Bassey & Linford Christie

regards
wizzy
(formerly cabin crew before becoming flightdeck!)

Etoile
23rd Oct 2001, 07:31
I've met Blond, I don't know who they are, apparently, they were before my time. I've met McMaster and James ( the whole group ). Nelly Furtado, Peter Pocklington ( he used to own the Edmonton Oilers hockey team ) All in all, they seemed like normal, everyday people.

gadgetman
23rd Oct 2001, 13:21
best famous person: Melanie Sykes (FHM covergirl wow!) and her sister, who looks even better IMHO. Did I get her picture? Well I tried. Did Iget her phone number? Again, I tried.

worst famous persons: sad boyband A1. They're not old enough to drink are they?

cloud nine
23rd Oct 2001, 15:32
lol gadgetman

Bluebaron
28th Oct 2001, 11:59
Sat next to Catherine Zeta-Jones on a flight to LA about 8 years ago. Very nice girl, insisted on telling me about her red lacy knickers and getting searched by customs!!!
:D :D ..........didn't yet her number though! :(

PPRuNe Dispatcher
28th Oct 2001, 12:44
I sat across from Roy Castle about 20 years ago and then met him again about a year before he died. A wonderful man who loved life and enjoyed talking and being with people.

MinimumRest
28th Oct 2001, 16:28
Murray Walker on Friday, off to Cork for a jazz festival. Sat in Club, didn't want a thing, just sat there and read his paper - my kinda pax! :D

Coppelia
28th Oct 2001, 17:04
Both Public Enemy & Aswad bands on the same flight, it was a real mess on board during boarding ! But cool guys. Seemed rude at first sight but not nasty.

Red Minx
29th Oct 2001, 03:27
Lional Richie - fab, what a gent
Robbie Williams - sometimes fab sometimes an arse
Charlotte Church - yuck
Elle Mcpherson - ok actually
Sophie Dahl - lovely
John Hannah - gorgeous and nice
Jilly Johnston - STILL gorgeous and very polite
Mike Baldwin (Johnny Briggs) sometimes lovely sometimes a bit of a drinker..... probably depends if Linda has been giving him a hard time or not!!
Can't think of any more

Red Minx
29th Oct 2001, 03:31
oops - just thought of another one....
Scottish International football team - scared of flying most of them but an alcohol ban kept them in check and very polite... which is more than I can say for the press guys following them around!

Xenia
29th Oct 2001, 12:30
Ricky Martin :p (about 13 years ago when he was still singing with "Menudo"... he might be living "La vida loca"...but I am getting old!! :D )
Camilla Parker-B.... :rolleyes:

And last but not least two famous PPRuNers...
Lovely Flyblue :D :D and great Next Generation Purser :cool:

[ 29 October 2001: Message edited by: Xenia ]

doohan
29th Oct 2001, 12:37
I thought i might ad my 2 cents worth..

Met Kylie Minogue last year just before the Olympics, she was on her way from Melb to Syd! Lovely girl i must say... :) :)

flyblue
29th Oct 2001, 12:57
He he Xen, people will think you are boasting if you say you have met two Pprune legends! :D :D :D

MT Edelstone56
2nd Nov 2001, 18:34
My girlfried,AN hostess,slapped by Russell Crowe!!!!!!

Syd-Adl a few years ago,Russell nursed a VB for the whole trip.Come mid way through descent,my lovely girl removes his can of VB.Without taking his eyes of the overhead entertainment,Russell slaps her hand.

Consequently,she refuses to watch his films.Being a Darwin boy I tried to explain to her the sensitivity of removing unconsumed alchohol,a hangable offence.To ussel frm Fliss,you [email protected] the guys of the world don`t try at home!

cabin lad
3rd Nov 2001, 19:50
I had Ricky Tomlinson on the flight home from PMI last summer.......my arse!!!!

Jenni
3rd Nov 2001, 20:32
Well,we had the entire Chelsea football team on board (which most of them sat with thier heads in their books for the entire flight) and Fatima Whitbread wearing......yes you guessed it a shell suit! It was only last year, i thought shell suits went out decades ago! :D
Happy flying Chaps!

forward jumpseat
3rd Nov 2001, 21:55
Had Peter Andre onboard (remember him) a few years ago, full of his own self importance. He sat for most of the 2 hr flight with a blanket over his head, 2 young girls had asked him for an autograph and he complained of being pestered, bless him, bet he'd give anyhing for that to happen now! Robson Green, a really nice guy and interesting to talk to.

cloud nine
4th Nov 2001, 01:53
LOL Jumpseat.....hmmmmm, how could anyone forget (drum roll please)....'MR PETER ANDRE'!!!!!!!!!!
And as for the blanket over his head....if only he would have performed with one over his HEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Bramble
6th Nov 2001, 04:36
I had Jamie-Lee Curtis coming on to me on a DUB-LAX flight last year.

Regularly have miscellaneous Irish popstars,boybands U2 etc on DUB-LHR flights

irishflyer
11th Nov 2001, 21:19
There always seems to be someone famous on my flights.
Carried Fergie to Tokyo who complained there wasn't enough soap in the 1st toilet!!.
Richard Gear--very small,but very nice.
Prince---a bit of a prat but his crew were very nice,and got free tkts to his concert.
Simply Red---good fun,and another free concert in Paris.
Princess Anne--very down to earth and chatty.
All the English and Scottish Rugby teams--A bit of all right!!
Andrea Bocheli--really really nice--didn;t eat a thing all flight--what a waste of a 1st class ticket

To name but a few---Most of the rich and famous are just human beings like the rest of us,and if you treat them like that you can have a laugh with them!!

taba
15th Nov 2001, 15:50
Over the years:Nazareth/Sinitta/Jacques Loussier Trio/David Sanborn Band/Madame Bluebell(Blue bell Can Can girls)/Sam Torrance/Major Fergie/Marion Jones and druggie hubby/Ian Fletcher(DS Skase in the Bill)/Steve Davis/John Virgo/Nepalese Royal Family(yes some that were killed also!)/UAE royalty/Stephen Hendry and I guess one that no one else will have done....

In April I did a private flight carrying the Foreign Minister of the Taliban and his entourage to Kandahar! :eek: