PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand Long Haul AKL

Wouldyoucarefor
9th Nov 2007, 02:54
Hey!

Does anyone know when Air New Zealand Long Haul last took flight attendants on 6 month contracts from outside the Air New Zealand group?? (I heard they seconded from short haul and zeal earlier this year but was wondering if any outsiders got in) Or if anyone has heard any goss about whether they will be doing this in the near future?

I would really like to get into Air NZ (not Zeal) but it sounds as if their crew aren't going anywhere in a hurry and recruitments are few and far between...

If anyone knows anything please let me know :)

CCqpuppy
9th Nov 2007, 07:38
wouldyoucarefor

They have being advertising in Australia. I havent applied for it yet, but I will be apply once I finish my application.

Wouldyoucarefor
9th Nov 2007, 08:23
That's strange because they aren't recruiting in New Zealand at the moment. I see they are taking fa's for tasman/pacific but that's Zeal320 and as I have already worked for a subsidary I am really keen on getting straight into Air NZ long haul.

Can I ask how you are applying?? Thanks for your reply!:O :)

High-Flying-Adored
14th Nov 2007, 05:34
Would love to fly for NZ, and despite what we aussies say about New Zealand, i think it would be an awesome place to live as well.

wouldyoucarefor

They have being advertising in Australia. I havent applied for it yet, but I will be apply once I finish my application.

I have seen the adds too, and just out of curiousity, does anyone know if the interviews are being held in Australia ala EY and EK, or would candidates be required to make the hop across the ditch?

CCqpuppy
15th Nov 2007, 11:19
Wouldyoucarefor:

I'm actually wondering about that. If I have to fly over there... I need to book in my annual leave :sad:.... very low on annual leave hours atm...

Wouldyoucarefor
15th Nov 2007, 21:37
Hey!

Can you clarify exactly what the job is that is being advertised?? And how you are applying for it?

If it is a permanent position as a flight attendant with Air New Zealand then I think you are actually applying for Zeal320 - a subsidiary of Air New Zealand. They wear the Air New Zealand uniforms, fly their aircraft (A320), do the same service etc.... but you will find the contract is very different to the conditions at Air New Zealad Long Haul or Domestic.

High-Flying-Adored - NZ is an amazing place to live but I would be very careful about moving here to work for subsid. Purely for financial reasons. I can't help you with where the recruitment for Aussies will be held but I know sometimes they do phone interviews first.

There is a zeal forum on here if you guys are still interested in checking it out.

Anyway take care and happy flying!

kkmm
16th Nov 2007, 17:06
id love to work for air nz LH. Does anyone know how much you get paid for pacific blue? Im presuming its not much? Also is it true that virgin are setting up a new base in sydney and are recruting?

Newnz
24th Nov 2007, 16:58
Hi there,
i did a 6 month contract with Air NZ longhaul - finished in March 2006. Loved it! I've heard they've recently taken on more Temps for a 6 month period. It would seem that the only way to get into longhaul on a permanent basis is via shorthaul or zeal and I don't know about you, but that's personally not something I would really want to entertain unless you were given some kind of guarantee that you would get a secondment into Longhaul (i.e. the light at the end of the tunnel!!) - I'd be surprised if Air NZ would make any promises in this regard though. I've been with Emirates for the past 14 months and it's fine. All things considered, we're pretty well looked after (even though we complain from time to time!) Am off to the Seychelles shortly for 48 hours - can't complain about that. All the best :)

Wouldyoucarefor
25th Nov 2007, 18:53
Hey thanks for your reply! :)

Great to hear that you enjoyed your time at air NZ. I've been talking to a few people about it and it seems that working for Zeal 320 would give me only a slight advantage. Doing a domestic contract or spending some time at a link airline might increase my chances but I'm already a manager where I am and don't know if I am willing to accept a pay decrease and a dive in seniority with no gaurantee. I think I will just sit it out and hope that they recruit externally sometime soon.

I have so many questions for you now! Just wondering though, did you have the option of renewing for another six months or were you just employed over the busy christmas period? I've always wondered how they can afford to put crew through 5 weeks of training only to have them online for the remainder of the 6 months?? :confused: