PDA

View Full Version : training check flight

hardingl
30th Aug 2001, 14:00
My partner has just started with one of the low cost airlines and is due to have her check flight (final part of the training) next week. Are there any trainers on this board that might be able to let me know the things she shuld pay 'Special' attention too??
So far she has passed ALL the exams with 95% or above but is very nervous about the check flight as you must het 100% to pass.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated :o)

kind regards
A worried 'other half!'

FoxAlphaWhiskey
31st Aug 2001, 05:06
Hard to say without knowing which airline we're talking about, as different companies have surprisingly different procedures. Not a trainer myself, but been a No1 for long enough to know that stuff like stowage of handbaggage, securing the cabin for take-off and landing and general SEP/First Aid knowledge is noticeable enough to the experienced eye when done wrong to fail a check. Sounds like your partner's got very little to worry about though, good marks on the ab-initio are a reliable sign that someone's got their head screwed on! If in doubt, look at the manual!

Sure there are better-qualified people than me that could give better advice than this, but best of luck anyway, she'll be fine! :)

Cynical Steward

flapsforty
31st Aug 2001, 10:33
Hardingl, please tell your other half that with her test score so far she will be doing absolutely fine!

Doing well on the tests, she has shown that she knows her stuff.
The check flight will give her the chance to show that in practice. Only way to screw-up is if she gets so nervous that she forgets........... But since she has managed to get through the initial interviews and all the tests so far, she obviously is a woman who can keep her nerves under control when it matters.

Ergo, she will be OK! :D

Please pass on to her, from an "old wagon dragon" to a young an aspiring one, a very warm welcome to this weird and wonderful profession of ours!

hardingl
7th Sep 2001, 13:36
Thanks for the replies guys!!
PS not to sure on the new 'sexy uniform' though, orange...hmmm NICE! ;o)

Take care

Lee