PDA

View Full Version : Have your say on QF management!!

OneDotLow
8th Nov 2007, 22:44
From another forum ...
I was surprised how easy it is to vote online... So shareholders, please have your say on the managment that "led" us through the APA sham!!!
GD stands to gain almost AUD$6M in shares if resolution 4.1 gets up.
PG stands to gain over AUD$2M in shares if resolution 4.2 gets up.
How you vote is up to you...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qantas AGM - Proxy votes close 14:00 Mon 12th
Fellow investors,
A reminder that the Qantas AGM is due to be held on Wednesday 14th in Melbourne, if you can not attend make sure you have lodged your proxy vote prior to 14:00 Monday 12th Nov.
Forms can be printed out from the website, or if you have your Shareholder Reference Number handy, submit your vote online.
Online.. https://www.linkmarketservices.com.au/shareholders/secure/iwsHolderValidation.asp?issuer=QAN&custom=1&flag=1&css=qan
Once you login, use the "Holder Summary" drop down menu to "Proxy Voting". Accept the Declaration and Appoint the Chairman as your proxy, then vote as you see fit....
Resolutions
3.1 ELECT LEIGH CLIFFORD AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
3.2 RE-ELECT MIKE CODD AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
3.3 RE-ELECT PETER COSGROVE AS A NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
3.4 RE-ELECT GARRY HOUNSELL AS A NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
4.1 PARTICIPATION IN THE QANTAS DEFERRED SHARE PLAN BY GEOFF DIXON
4.2 PARTICIPATION IN THE QANTAS DEFERRED SHARE PLAN BY PETER GREGG
5 REMUNERATION REPORT
More info... http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/investors/agms

Short_Circuit
9th Nov 2007, 01:16
Already posted my votes, not happy GD & PG.:=

assasin8
9th Nov 2007, 10:38
:*Placed "x"s in the appropriate "against" boxes and promptly sent back the proxy! NOT happy Jan! I can't believe they're even asking!!!

Hopefully this vote has more of an effect than my Telstra vote did... Sol's still going to give himself a pay rise! Can you believe the gall of these so called managers!

What did Bob Brown say about 12 months ago... "Feed them bigger bananas and you'll get bigger apes!

OhForSure
9th Nov 2007, 21:39
Couldn't agree more Ass, that Telstra vote was a farce!

(Telstra Exec) "Ahhh yeah, we appreciate everybody taking the time to participate in todays proceedings, however the board of directors feel that it is in the company's best interests to disregard the results of the vote, and proceed with management pay increases."

(Reporter) "But Sir, on what grounds would this be better for the company?"

(Telstra Exec) "At this time it wouldn't be appropriate for me to answer such questions."

***Or words to that effect***

Any Telstra shareholders on Prune have any input? Is this as transparent as it appears??? :=

DutchRoll
9th Nov 2007, 23:12
I hear the principle of what you're saying, but unfortunately all the resolutions will easily get up.

The big institutions have way more proxy votes than all the small shareholders combined, and they almost never vote against Board recommendations, especially when it comes to remuneration increases! They wouldn't even vote against it if Qantas had slashed its profit.

Look at last years proxies for example. Approval of Geoff Dixons share plan:

Against: 31,845,966
For: 1,004,884,408

Yes, that's right, 31 million "against", 1 billion "for"!

That's the reality of Australian big business these days. You send a few million proxies my way, I'll send a few million yours, then let's do lunch.

Howard Hughes
10th Nov 2007, 00:05
Poxy is right! You did say poxy, didn't you?;)

OneDotLow
10th Nov 2007, 08:53
Rio tinto managment's bonus shares got voted down at their recent AGM...

Come on people... EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!!!!!!

744mechanic
10th Nov 2007, 21:43
I have voted on it already, against everything of course

OneDotLow
14th Nov 2007, 07:11
Does anyone know what the result of this resolution vote was?
Cheers!

Going Boeing
14th Nov 2007, 07:57
Yeah, all the resolutions were passed by a massive majority. Looks like MAJ & Co took all the fund managers out for dinner and plied them with top shelf Cognac. The fund managers still love the management despite the rorting of shareholders that would have occured if the APA deal had got up.
Any searching question that was asked was given "A" grade spin by MAJ and was consequently not answered directly. A very sad day. :sad:
:* :ugh: :(

Qantas 787
14th Nov 2007, 08:06
Every resolution passes with at least 95% of the vote - there was no chance of them not getting up.

As for the rest of it, i watched the AGM webcast but got board with people like Stephen Mayne hijacking it.