PDA

View Full Version : EMIRATES RECRUITMENT UPDATE

cloud nine
22nd Oct 2001, 15:33
Hi friends,

I just phoned Emirates in Dubai and asked when the next recruitment from Sydney was going to be.....as we all guessed,recruitment is now on hold! I'm shattered! There was a rumour that they were going to recruit b4 Xmas. I was told maybe in the new year!!!! I'm 30 in March, then I will be too old!!!!!!! I'm so depressed as they are who I want to fly with. Once again "thanks Mr Bin F#%king Laden!!!!!" if only I could get my hands on that low life CREEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

doohan
22nd Oct 2001, 19:50
Hey cloud nine, hang in there... i am now 30 and was with (Flight Force) Ansett, until it was grounded. I loved every miniute of my short time with Ansett, from its employees to the airline itself. I look forward to the opportunity of applying again in the future with Ansett MKII grows and becomes an even better Ansett!!!
and even if i have no luck with Ansett, there is always Qantas and Virgin!!

If this makes you feel any better, my sister became a domestic FA with Qantas at the age of 41, i understand the requirements might be different with Emirates!! but hey... there plenty of other airlines out there.... and its not all doom and gloom. I won't be long before the airline kicks off again!!!

Keep smiling hang in there and everything will be fine, and don't lose hope!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :)

gadgetman
23rd Oct 2001, 13:32
Yeah hang in there Cloud Nine. Thw rumour in Dubai is still that they're hoping to begin interviewing/ recruiting again in December. Fingers crossed. When I joined, a fellow trainee (Australian BTW) was 31. The age for recruitment isn't set in stone.
Good luck :)

Vertigobabe
23rd Oct 2001, 13:41
Gadgetman,

I had my interview with EK on the 22nd of September and got to the final stage...today they sent me an email saying I was being put on hold, is this a good sign?
:confused:

cloud nine
23rd Oct 2001, 15:15
Thanks Gadgetman for giving me some hope. I really REALLY hope Emirated recruit in December. I'm hilding onto that hope more than anything in the whole world. Its really weird, I feel like my life is on hold and I cant move forward untill ive had at least an interview with Emirates. You have no idea how eager I am to work for them and live in Dubai. Are you a fa with Emirates????
Firewall....Congrats on getting through the interviews. I guess your email,is good and bad news at the same time. I'd say once they start recruiting again that your in. Lucky you....good on you. Im so happy for you and I havent even met you......xxx

cloud nine
23rd Oct 2001, 15:26
Doohan,

Thankyou also for your encouraging post.You worked for Ansett huh?What are you doing now? Im sorry that you are still not flying...
I had my first ever f/a interview with QA 3 months ago, I made it to round 3 b4 I was unsuccesful.I know QA will be there for me to try again when things get better in this industry. But I guess Im just impacient and want to fly now....

gadgetman
26th Oct 2001, 11:30
Firewall: Definitely a good sign being 'on hold'. They have stopped the training for a brief while, but they are going to restart soon. (I'm still hearing before the end of the year) Emirates still intend to purchase about 11 more aircraft next year, they haven't cancelled any orders, and they're going to need a heap new crew to operate these. We are due to get the long range Airbus 340's by the end of next year, which will occupy a lot of crew.

Cloud9, I know exactly what you mean about your life being on hold. I am an Emirates F/A, and the length of time between my interview and my training was about 6 months. I guess they were really scraping the barrel when they took me.

cloud nine
26th Oct 2001, 12:30
Hi Gadgetman.....

Good news for me today. I have an interview with Virgin Blue on Tuesday 30th october. Im excited, but still want Emirates!
How long have you been with Emirates? Did u have FA experiance?

gadgetman
28th Oct 2001, 00:56
Good luck on Tuesday Cloud9, let us know how the interview goes.
FYI I've been with Emirates for a couple of years now, I definitely hadn't flown before. (and it shows)

Hermie
28th Oct 2001, 13:05
Hi,

Just wondering, whether Emirates conduct their interviews in Singapore ? If they do can male applicants apply too.

Say, if you don't have any previous experience in F/A, does it mean you out of there, boy !

Thanks people ...

Cheers,
Herman :cool:

cloud nine
28th Oct 2001, 13:28
Thanks Gadgetman....I'll let u know how I go. Just wondering if u know what Emirates lookk for in FA? Do they prefer experiance or not? They are the airlines I want to work for. I know that Qa prefer that you dont have experiance as a FA.....they dont like you to bring "bad habits" with you.

mutt
2nd Nov 2001, 15:33
I dont mean to shatter anyones illusions, but Emirates are presently placing FA's on "indefinite" unpaid leave.

GF are laying off FA'a as mentioned in another topic.

Saudia are recalling 100 FA's from their JFK base and 30 from their LHR base. They are also firing foreign stewards, but this has more to do with their plans to hire Saudis than 11 Sep.

Anyone know whats happening in Qatar and Kuwait?

Mutt

gadgetman
2nd Nov 2001, 20:13
err, Mutt, I hate to shatter your illusions, but whoever gave you that info about Emirates is not quite accurate. They haven't 'placed' anyone on unpaid leave. they have offered it to any junior crew, for up to 2 weeks. Its entirely voluntary, and it sure as hell isn't 'indefinite'. They are still hoping to begin recruiting once again in the New Year, and still have new aircraft ordered previously arriving on schedule.

mutt
3rd Nov 2001, 00:05
Gadetman,

I'm glad to hear that :), I'm also sure that my neighbour who have just moved back to live with her parents pending her recall will be estatic! In her words, she wasnt given a choice nor a return to work date.

Mutt.

gadgetman
3rd Nov 2001, 01:03
Something strange going on there Mutt, she must be the only one in those circumstances so far.
I can assure you that nobody has been forced to take unpaid leave for any length of time whatsoever.

mutt
3rd Nov 2001, 07:31
Gadetman,

I will bow to your knowledge and apologise if I upset anyone. :)

But I have to ask you, do you think that EK's ambitious expansion plans are now justifiable? The figures which I have recently heard show a 80% drop on traffic from the ME to the USA, and a 30% drop to Europe. Its anyones guess as to how long these drop-offs will last.

Is this a good time to plan an A340 service to the USA? Where are the passengers going to come from, are people still going to use DXB as a holiday destination or indeed a conference center.

I have always seen EK as a bold and innovative airline, but they presently do have a stigma of having a Middle Eastern base.

Comments.

Mutt.

Eliason
3rd Nov 2001, 11:18
I just wait for the airshow in Dubai tomorrow (4th) to see, what EK has to say... who knows - might be something worth listening ;)

Btw: seems like flights start filling up again :) :) :) :cool:

gadgetman
3rd Nov 2001, 13:53
Are Emirates exansion plans justifiable? Time will tell.
Its very ambitious to continue with this after recent events, but a year is a long time in the aviation industry.
Having insane amounts of middle eastern money behind them probably helps them sleep at night.
There is the Airbus A340 demonstrator model (only slightly shop soiled) parked up at Dubai airport right now for the airshow, they're going to be promoting the hell out of it I guess.
(BTW mutt, not upset, just a bit surprised. I checked with a couple of senior people today and they were as surprised as I was. Definitely no forced unpaid leaves going on)

Baby Boo
3rd Nov 2001, 22:04
As far as I know, unpaid leave is offered to the crew...not forced. We are allowed a minimum of one week. If that neighbours of yours is placed under "indefinite"...what has she done wrong? Maybe her contract is due. :eek: Ah well...who am I to say.

And to Cloud9, I wish you all the best. I've been flying almost 11 years now and have been here in EK for nearly 4 years. Loving it to bits. They are trying to save cost as much as possible and we're all trying to pitch in and unpaid leave is one of them. :D Can just go home and chill...nothing wrong with that!

Well, hopefully everything will improve in time. We really do know what else will happen, but just hope for the best.

dreams
4th Nov 2001, 13:34
Hey everyone, i just received an email for Emirates saying that i was on hold for a interview session..i guess i will be on hold for a while due to all the above!!!
Oh well..
Take care

cloud nine
4th Nov 2001, 16:18
me too DREAMS, I also received that email. I actually have a whole folder with those "on hold" emails...

gadgetman
6th Nov 2001, 00:53
The latest Emirates news has made CNN and BBC world TV. Emirates have ordered a whole bunch of new airbus and boeing aircraft. If they expect to utilise all these they're going to be doing some really heavy recruiting over the next few years. http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=31537