PDA

View Full Version : Computer to VCR

SPIT
8th Nov 2007, 16:52
Hi again
Acting on some advice from this Forum re- Editing Suites I purchased a MAGIX MOVIE EDIT Pro and I must say it is brilliant.
Tkere is a section in the suite that allows Anolog VCRs to be edited and put onto DVD.As I have approx 100 videos this would be very handy but it states that you Connest your VCR to your Computer (obvious ???) but the only way I can see is by using a Scart from the VCR to the Usb plug on my computer but I can't seem to get a lead anywhere :\Can anyone out ther give me any advise please (beside getting stuffed).:confused::confused:

spannersatcx
8th Nov 2007, 18:29
If your VCR has an s-video out connection AND your graphics card has an s-video connection then you could connect it that way and use your graphics card to capture the video.

green granite
8th Nov 2007, 20:56
First you need to find out what video inputs you have on your video card, S-video has been suggested, but have you got an input called analogue video in (or composite video) is so a scart to comp video lead would work.

Ant
8th Nov 2007, 20:58
There's a number of popular magazines at bigger newsagents on the subject of videography (yes, there is such a word!), and you'll find lots of adverts for various devices for converting analogue audio/video (scart or individual connectors) to or from digital (firewire or USB). Phone a few dealers, tell them what you need, and see if you can get a good price.

If you're fussy about quality it's best to steer clear of the cheap & cheerful.

If you're VERY fussy about picture quality and you have a lot of VHS tapes you could check ads in the same mags and splash out for a VHS machine with a TBC (timebase corrector which stabilises the picture syncs) or a digital noise reduction function, preferably both. They make a big difference.

dazdaz
9th Nov 2007, 15:43
Hi
Why not copy the tape to dvd recorder, save dvd disk on pc then edit?
Daz