View Full Version : Mam Cabin Crew Strike On The 25th Dec

Bla_Bla
8th Nov 2007, 11:21
To All Mamers Out There ! What Do U All Think Of The Idea Of Going On Strike For 1 Day Only On The 25th Dec At All Bases ?
Qf Wouldnt Be Able To Operate And That Would Send A Very Strong Message To The Company About Their Current Employment Conditions.
Any Volunteers ?

Z Force
8th Nov 2007, 21:52
That's industrial naivity. An illegal strike. That would open you up legally under the present Workchoices legislation.

casualvermin
8th Nov 2007, 23:03
You'll just piss off the band moles and FAAA and their EBA is coming up - look at the workforce FWA has already created.

There are better ways to get the point across that this casual life can't be sustained.

We need full time support if we are going to improve our conditions.

lowerlobe
8th Nov 2007, 23:14
Are MAM crew on contracts such as AWA's or an EBA?

PattyStacker
8th Nov 2007, 23:28
MAM is a casual workforce. QF will just say we no longer require your services. Have a nice day

lowerlobe
9th Nov 2007, 00:48
Whatever you do I'd wait until after the election and hopefully Howard and his IR laws will be assigned to history.

Although what Patty Stacker say's is true and that you are a casual workforce the threat of removing your labour would be a significant threat to QF.

They could not operate without the MAM workforce and if you as a majority consider your conditions to be that bad could use it as a threat at the very least.

The main problem you will have is that most female F/A's will not strike or even entertain the thought.

mrpaxing
9th Nov 2007, 01:41
seriously suggest you DO NOT canvass an option like a strike on this forum. if it gets nasty they can find your ip address and go for it. you get my drift. :E

LL is right most females dont like the idea of industrial actions, so i suggest you hand out a shopping voucher valid for that particular day only:E:E

takeonme
9th Nov 2007, 03:25
Who starts the first word of each sentence with a capital?

If you dont like your job you dont strike....you go in every day and do a really half arsed job...thats the Australian way!

Butterfield8
9th Nov 2007, 05:22
Why take the job in the first place?
You knew what the Tand Cs were and now you complain.
There plenty of other airlines recruiting at present with better Tand Cs.
Give them a go ...you've got the experience.

rmcdonal
9th Nov 2007, 05:40
so i suggest you hand out a shopping voucher valid for that particular day only Not to much open on Christmas.:O

Keg
9th Nov 2007, 06:01
If you dont like your job you dont strike....you go in every day and do a really half arsed job...thats the Australian way!

If you're going to rip off Homer Simpson it'd be nice if you at least credited him! :} :p

gigs
9th Nov 2007, 06:10
if any of you guys were gunna have a" "sick in" " do you really think xmas day is a good day to protest?.......media n public may miss your point out of hate....if there was any smacking of bottoms i think do it when people are at work ie. bisiness hours for max effect, chrismas is an emotional time for people ......i do compliment you on your spine to put it to the people as it were.....my 2 cents cheers gigs

silvafox
9th Nov 2007, 06:57
Ahh when the going gets tough, Gen Y runs away! Bla Bla get out from behind the playstation and do some research before dragging others into stupid acts and wasting this forums time.

takeonme
9th Nov 2007, 07:33
haha...and here I was thinking I could get away with a Simpsons quote in Proon.

P.S...
silvafox i like your attitude.

gigs
9th Nov 2007, 21:55
interesting responses to this thread.....mr butter boy or girl why? indeed would a young ozzie leave the country for better terms n condts.? other posts here were casuals new to the gig( no pun intended) understood and accepted their t & c,s wrong, many of these new guys did not.....maybe we should call you mr bend over, do you accept anything in your job with nil contest!........the support of full time employees will help the casual work force to help sustain t & cs for the full time work force .again ,not to sure about the union that was another story! cheers gigs

mach2male
10th Nov 2007, 03:49
Anyone understand that previous thread?

capt.cynical
10th Nov 2007, 04:54
M2M

No & never will. :rolleyes:

gigs
10th Nov 2007, 05:55
m2m have fixed it all to v best of my being a lazy n hasty typer on my way 2 shops........ah shes back! capt retired no doubt! one hand on something??????? maybe you and IQ boy buttergirly could write a better eba for the casuals so you need not read this crap. cheers gigs

silvafox
10th Nov 2007, 09:18
WTF?........

samford
11th Nov 2007, 23:58
It's good to see you guys are starting to unite more, the "every man for himself" mentality has not been helping.

A casual workforce striking in the current climate is probably not a good idea. Having said that, if contract B's were to make themselves NON AV and contract C's were to fall under the weather (of course documented by a med cert), then it would certainly have some impact. Although, I doubt it would change the T & C's much.

One other thing, if the company found out about this in advance (and they almost always do), then the rest of us would be drafted and that is certainly not going to get the majority of full-timers on side.

It's upto you to work out what best suits you, but remember there are always consequences, beit positive or negative.

indamiddle
12th Nov 2007, 10:22
samford is correct about medical certificate for c contractors.... unless there is no provision for sick leave. full timers could use certificate to make sure drafting is a waste of time, don't answer the phone is another way of avoiding drafting

tong
12th Nov 2007, 11:34
What are you trying to say Gigs?

SmokingHole
12th Nov 2007, 12:34
have fixed it all to v best of my being a lazy n hasty typer on my way 2 shops........

....or off to score some more. Stay off the heroin gigs, its a life sentence

Angle of Attack
12th Nov 2007, 13:09
Just go sick thats what I do, Dont even try to organise a secret strike here its public!, just organise amongst yourselfs for a day and hit it, its still the best way and if theres no evidence it can't be proved! As long as there is no evidence!
I have already been in one before that stuffed our company that day its really fun, :E

Sick days are allowed and I take one of them every 3 weeks, it is my right! If you have a sick day issue here's a sick day tissue!

Z Force
12th Nov 2007, 22:28
Until you get really sick and find you need those sick days and they aren't there.

gigs
12th Nov 2007, 23:28
techies etc to much time/retired etc, maybe you should be playing golf ! union reps (s/haul), we all have an agenda dont we!............genuine mamers,, and f/attendants s/haul ......my last point was in respone to butter girls post.........other airlines employing, the only other airline that pays a good wage in your domicile city is us or the bus,anyone else j etc ,wages to low...... my other point was that terms and conditions of employment have changed for casuals and when joining many didnt know or were explained terms and conditions of employment when they joined..........if young folk want a sick in its because in this case as i understand it they like v money but not the tems and conditions of employment.............. to the techey who seems to spend to much time being a pprune head when the sun is out darls get a life and dont make offensive comments about illegal drugs, as you can see i dont use spell check i dont go 2 to much effort to type here one reason is tyer kickers like you my dear. cheers gigs