PDA

View Full Version : Modular or Integrated??????

PML
8th Nov 2007, 09:47
Hey everyone, over the past few days ive been searching around for different flight schools to start my atpl. However the modular route seems to be alot cheaper but word from the different flight schools is that it is pretty useless because the airlines are after the integrated graduates. I was just wondering if there are any graduates out there who did take the modular route and would be very grateful if you could tell me the experience you had trying to find a job. Thanks for your time.

MIKECR
8th Nov 2007, 10:30
This old debate has been done time and time(AND TIME AND TIME!!) again! Use the search function and you'll finds lots of previous threads about it. And for godness sake, dont anyone attempt to answer it, you'll just start the same tired old argument going again!

badboy raggamuffin
8th Nov 2007, 11:18
Went modular, did CPL/Me/IR at Stapleford Flight Centre. Secured a job 4 months after finishing training, flying regional turbo-props.
Don't believe the integrated schools when they tell u that modular traning is "useless."

It wasn't easy finding the job, I sent out around 80 cvs, made countless phone calls and got the interview through a fair slice of luck, namely ringing the chief pilot when he had just realised he was gonna need a couple of new FOs. There were times when I felt disheartenend and it all felt like a waste of time, such as when the 10th airline in a row tells you "we're not recruting now, and even if we were you do not have enough hours so piss off!" but in the end persistence paid off I think.
All you need is one guy to say "hey, were actually recruiting right now, come down next week for an interview," and by the law of averages the more CVs you send out and the more phone calls you make, the more chance there is of that happening.

MIKECR-- I agree that just about everything that couldhave been said has been said on the integrated/ modular debate, but I thought it was important to set PML straight, as he seems to have been indoctrinated by the integrated schools' marketing departments!

badboy raggamuffin
8th Nov 2007, 11:21
Went modular, did CPL/Me/IR at Stapleford Flight Centre. Secured a job 4 months after finishing training, flying regional turbo-props.
Don't believe the integrated schools when they tell u that modular traning is "useless."

It wasn't easy finding the job, I sent out around 80 cvs, made countless phone calls and got the interview through a fair slice of luck, namely ringing the chief pilot when he had just realised he was gonna need a couple of new FOs. There were times when I felt disheartenend and it all felt like a waste of time, such as when the 10th airline in a row tells you "we're not recruting now, and even if we were you do not have enough hours so piss off!" but in the end persistence paid off I think.
All you need is one guy to say "hey, were actually recruiting right now, come down next week for an interview," and by the law of averages the more CVs you send out and the more phone calls you make, the more chance there is of that happening.

MIKECR-- I agree that just about everything that could have been said has been said on the integrated/ modular debate, but I thought it was important to set PML straight, as he seems to have been indoctrinated by the integrated schools' marketing departments!

PML
8th Nov 2007, 17:25
thanks alot for replying understand it is obviously a very debatable question and one with no correct answer, its just that i am probably going to go down the modular route and its good to hear that other people with modular training have secured jobs. thanks for the reply badboy raggamuffin,

Frankly Mr Shankly
8th Nov 2007, 21:53
Simply, whatever is right for you. Honestly, thats the easiest way to answer this old chestnut. Whatever your own circumstances are best suited to.

Loads of my colleagues did modular, loads did integrated. Nothing more complicated than that. And we're all employed in airlines.

Enjoy, whichever way you go.

Captain Planet
14th Nov 2007, 09:15
There's about a million threads on this topic.
It depends on the person whether they prefer modular or integrated,everybody is different.
That is all.

CP

flyingcamel
14th Nov 2007, 12:30
Also depends on the airline you most want to work for as well!

For every person there's a different right answer. Several guys on my integrated course had ppls and were seriously considering modular before making the decision to go integrated.

Of the 24 of us I know of 11 that have airline jobs or offers 3 months after graduation (and only 3 of those will pay for type.)

However I know lots of modular guys with jobs too. Right place, RIGHT PERSON, right time fella!

Megaton
14th Nov 2007, 12:42
Did modular, then 10 months with regional TP now flying with flag carrier from LHR. Whatever works for you. Good luck :-)

PPRuNe Towers
14th Nov 2007, 13:13
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218620