PDA

View Full Version : sio customers dropped like a hot pie

chemical alli
8th Nov 2007, 06:54
dispatch reliability suffering so the only idea to come out of the wonder team is to drop customer airlines. true customers constantly negotiate contractual rates and there might not be any meat on the bone, but isnt it the customer airline maintenance that keeps you turning a profit come the bad times ?

sio used to own the whole ramp years ago. Now its just a former operation of what was once a great engineering dept. at least in three months time the bolt on payments will cease to exist and the guys wont have to keep current .

company_spy
8th Nov 2007, 07:51
Just goes to prove the old addage, how do you set up a monkey in a small aviation engineering business............. :ugh:
Quite a few contracts jettisoned, China Southern, China Eastern, Asiana, Aerolinas, Vietnam, Canadian and Royal Brunai. Rumour has it that Asiana was desperate to re-sign, so much so that they offered to double the cash.
If His Highness Lord M has his way, QF line maintenance will only be handling red tails. He must have a cunning plan though, things must be just about to go gang busters, after all that monorail is such a massive success :yuk:

SeldomFixit
8th Nov 2007, 10:11
Very sad to see the old firm in such a shameful state. Those that built it would be ashamed of the lack of stewardship demonstrated in what a once great airline has become.
Where is the customer work going ? Qantas OWNED every ramp in Australia once upon a time. :mad:

All Trades
8th Nov 2007, 11:12
With all this sheding of client airlines at SIO, how long do you think it will take for the rot to spread to other stations. Not as long as some would hope methinks.

Keg
8th Nov 2007, 11:52
Whilst there are some things that I disagree with in QF, one of the things that was interesting to watch was seeing Flight Training turn from a 'cost' center into a 'profit' center. They did this by recognising that by sourcing external work and charging a premium for that work that we could cover our internal stuff. They unashamedly traded on the reputation that QF has in the world (deserved or not let's save that argument for another day) and went hunting contracts that they could use. Now they're looking at expansion.

A very different view to what is going on in E&M. :(

Sunfish
8th Nov 2007, 18:04
Perhaps you are to be replaced with an Asian "Guest worker" program?

Redstone
8th Nov 2007, 19:17
Already starting to happen Sunfish, BNE and AVV heavy maint.:(

Skystar320
8th Nov 2007, 21:51
Beg my hard head but who is SIO?

domo
8th Nov 2007, 22:04
it stands for (qantas) sydney international operation, international terminal in oldspeak

Redstone
8th Nov 2007, 22:11
SIO stands for Sydney International Operations (untill recently was SIT Sydney International Terminal) it is the Harrisised name for the business unit that is Qantas Engineering who operate at the international side of Kingsford Smith Airport in Sydney.

SDO (formerly SDT) is the business unit which operates at the domestic side Sydney Domestic Operations. Base Maintenance is the third piece of the puzzle, Qantas Engineering operating out of the Jet Base they are responsible for "minor maintenance" of the 747, 767, A330 fleet.

The three business units (SIO, SDO, Base Maint.) all come under the ACS (aircraft customer services) umbrella. ACS used to be called "line maintenance"

Management is now trying to come up with a snappy acronym for base maintenance, one that when people see or hear it they will say "what does that mean"

chemical alli
8th Nov 2007, 22:49
T.W.A.T THIRD WORLD AIRLINE TERMINAL
A.S.S ASIANA SERVICE SYSTEMS
B.O.O.M BASE OCEANIC OPERATORS MAINTENANCE
T.I.T TRANSIT INTERNATIONAL TERMINALS
B.A.S.T.A.R.D BASE AERO SERVICE TERMINAL ARRIVE REFUEL DISPATCH

just a few welcome to add more

Redstone
9th Nov 2007, 01:22
S.H.I.T.E.=Sydney Halfassed International Terminal Engineering

Short_Circuit
9th Nov 2007, 06:14
B.U.M. Boeings Under Maintained. :oh:

hannibal lector
10th Nov 2007, 07:18
Have just heard on the grapevine that QF ACS is also about to ditch MH, TG, AV. Seems that M and his boys need all the manpower for QF as they are the biggest client of ACS and they need to perform. DC and GD are having a big meeting soon.

Bolty McBolt
10th Nov 2007, 08:31
QF ACS is also about to ditch MH, TG, AV.

I was dreaming....:yuk:

Short_Circuit
10th Nov 2007, 08:51
Sorry to disappoint you Bolty but I am sure hannibal lector means Malaysian (MH) and Thai (TG) and what ever AV is. Not MH as in “M” unfortunately.

chemical alli
11th Nov 2007, 01:14
the more things change the more they go full circle ! until sio brings back old kerop to man the mike desk at sio and wagons ho head to the international terminal. dispatch reliability will be an issue . what a glorious sight to see the crisis crew launch ,reminds off a three ringed circus with clowns running in all different directions .

bring back the stainless steel smoko box strategically placed on the back of a toolbox wagon ,disappearing into the sunrise for the sit with a band of lames terrorising a mike bus driver. all in good humor, a time when morale was running at 110% and customer satisfaction and departures were second to none.

cabin crew freely mingled with engineering and chk in crew were always welcoming and helpful come the once a year staffy holiday.

enough of living in the past i am feeling a pain in my left arm and chest region