PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed concerning Africa

kirkegaard
8th Nov 2007, 00:42
I'm a low time pilot looking for some way to increase my hours. I have 252hrs (204ME) IR & CPL. I have sent out several applications/resumes to companies in Africa & the Middle East.

The reason why I writing on this forum is because I wanted to hear if anybody knows of any opportunities/jobs for a pilot with low hours in the Africa, any companies that might be hiring for any kind of small flying job - charter, skydiving etc.... anything?

Furthermore, will it help my chances if I went down to the companies in person instead of writing them?

lowbypass
8th Nov 2007, 12:57
Try East Africa, Tanzania.

There are companies operating C-206s, C-182s in Dar, Zanzibar, Mwanza, Arusha. If you can it is better you pay a visit, besides there is much to see in zanzibar...;)

I.R.PIRATE
9th Nov 2007, 06:32
Leave Africa for the Africans, Imperialist coloniser.:ouch:

Fakawi
9th Nov 2007, 07:29
From what i can see Kirkegaard is danish.
To my knowledge the last land that was colonised by them was Greenland.
Mot much of an imperialist threat there !

rockpecker
9th Nov 2007, 20:14
Hi guys, chill. := Kirkegaard asked for advice, so lets help. I suggest any one of the C210 operators in Namibia, most notably Sefofane. Very modest pay but good hours and gobsmacking scenery. With close to 1000 P1 hours a year you can start moving up the ladder. Goodluck Kirkegaard
:ok::ok::ok:

dnk
10th Nov 2007, 04:52
And of course there is Maun.. couple of jobs going at the moment but you have to come here to get them!
C206, C210, BN2P, C208

Soap Box Cowboy
10th Nov 2007, 10:22
Haha, not enough Africans here to fly all the planes, if there were we wouldn't be here and they sure as hell would have no problem kicking us all out :hmm:

mitchman
10th Nov 2007, 13:09
have a look at sefofane in windhoek namibia ,speak to Ray or try Scenic Air in Windhoek and Desert Air in Windhoek they are looking 4 pilots or Pleasure Flights in Swakopmund...they are all charter companies and take pilots with low hours... pay is ok you will survive and the living conditions are really good ... (500ml beer R10.-)

africa man
11th Nov 2007, 08:36
You should also have alook at wilson airport in Nairobi, which is about 30mins drive from JKIA, lots of flying tourists around game parks.