PDA

View Full Version : Massive servings of Humble Pie anyone?

Mr Seatback 2
21st May 2001, 05:24
Thank you one and all for your words of support etc in the last post.

To begin with, I'd like to apolgise for my lack of gypsy spirit. Christine didn't deserve to bear the brunt of my anger and I take back everything I said. I was wrong (WRONG - WRONG I SAY!)

Many thanks to all for trying to cheer me up. I can't remember who asked, but no, reference checks weren't completed.

You might say this was one rejection too many. Flight attending has been the only job that I have never been successful for (every other job I've been for - yes, but not this one). Even more frustrating is how much I want the job to make a career out of it. I'm only human - like everyone else here - and there's only so much rejection a person can take, no matter how good or bad they are.

Evacu8 - I think I need to address an issue here. No, it's not that I think QFLink MUST take me and god forbid they don't. Quite the contrary. I think, in hindsight, to achieve what I have at my age is a credit to me, and to get past stage 2 of the selection processes these days in f/a interviews is a job well done on anyone's part. Particularly when you look how many people go for so few jobs.

True - my initial post was VERY caustic, and as I said, Christine didn't deserve what I said about her. What can I say - I was mad, I was angry - and dare I say we've all been down that path before (fortunate are the few who haven't). I am familiar with the process QF use (been thru it often enough) and know about the Exec panel decision. Just one of those things that happen to the best of us.

And yes, I am aware management refer to this site and others often. However - what do I have to lose??

Sick squid - thank you for your sane words during my moment of madness. Those that know me here would've been quite shocked (looking back at it now, I'M SHOCKED - and I was the one who wrote it!!) Just not me at all normally - this was, you might say, the straw that broke the camels' back.

I've since completed my grieving process (anyone would think someone had died by the way I write about these f/a interviews!!!) and have now reached my more normal state after such disappointments by simply being 'over it'.

As for those who chose to use my initial comments as a judge of my character - touche! First impressions and all that!!

I do hope all is forgiven...if not, there's still plenty of humble pie to be consumed (speaking for myself, I've since gorged!!)

Biscuit Chucker
21st May 2001, 08:05
Nice of you to say so. We all need to let off steam from time to time. Perhaps in the future it would be a nice idea to leave out any personal details such as name and exact position unless the person is on the board to respond. Let people who meet her in the future have fresh "first impressions" of their own. Judging from your obvious passion and drive to become a Flight Attendant I am sure you will succeed. Despite the inevitable frustration and setbacks encountered on the road to scoring that job, it is all nullified by the elation of getting there and the rewards of the job itself! Best of luck! :)

cabinboy
22nd May 2001, 04:44
Mr Seatback.....we'll get there eventually....it may take another 5 years....but we'll get there, and when we do.....by god it will be worth it ! :)

Chin up, shoes polished, name tag straight and doors cross checked..

Regards
Cabinboy

------------------
I don't mind flying. I always pass out before the plane leaves the ground — Naomi Campbell, supermodel.

Sick Squid
24th May 2001, 02:05
Mr Seatback2, it takes a big man/woman/person/whatever! to apologise and realise how their actions interact with others. Thank you for taking the time to post your reflections.

Good luck in your search for your dream job. I've worked in 2 industries in my time where realdetermination to succeed almost guarantees success; if you learn from every rejection letter and any feedback you receive, use all resources at your disposal to find out how to improve, and then keep on trying then someday you WILL achieve your goal.

No problems mate... I do understand the motive behind why you posted in the manner you did initially; my main concern was the use of real names, but I kept a very close eye behind the scenes and the balance provided I feel justified my decision not to step in before I did.

Incidentally, if you wish me to remove the thread from the website, then I will... just let me know. I personally feel it is balanced enough to remain, but I will remove it if you are uncomfortable with it and don't feel it is a true reflection on yourself. Your call.

All the best, and good luck,

Sick Squid
Cabin Crew Forum Moderator

Clear IT IN!
26th May 2001, 18:32
Dear All,

I really dont know what all the fuss is about....I have been flying now for nearly 8 years and in my opinion the main requirements a person needs to do this job is the ability to perfect a totally false smile...say Yes when you REALLY dont want to....NEVER use moisturiser <in order to cultivate that thick skin you will need>....and survive on about 25 minutes sleep per day....and BEFORE you all say...YES maybe I am working for the wrong airline!!!! I thankyou!!!!!!