PDA

View Full Version : WHY IS IT THAT MOST AIRLINES WON'T COVER YOUR EXPENSES WHEN GOING FOR INTERVIEW!?

taba
28th Aug 2001, 13:49
In all the years I have been flying I have had several interviews with different carriers and it disappoints me how many are so tight when it comes to flying you up/down to interviews or indeed reimbursing you!?
BA do, but one corporate job I went for a few years back cost £200 for a ticket with a promise of reimbursement but alas no!
I recently had a similar problem with a well known UK airline who,eventually,met me half way...What does it really cost to do this?
:mad:

Birds2perches
29th Aug 2001, 00:23
I have to say that I've never heard of airlines reimbursing anyone for attending an interview .. or any company for that matter, unles you've been head-hunted for a million pound of year number.

Personally, I don't see why they should.

Carnage Matey!
29th Aug 2001, 02:22
Most companies reimburse reasonable travelling expenses, but it depends on how much they want the staff. Airlines have way too many applicants for every flying position, so its no skin off their nose if they lose a few who won't pay to travel.

smile
29th Aug 2001, 04:26
I understand that of course the airlines couln't reimburse the numbers that they get for interviews. But as an alternative would it really create that much expense to send an interviewer to another place if enough applicants came from that place.

I flew from Brisbane to Melbourne twice this year for QF interviews. And the only reason I didn't have to do it a third time was because they recognised that there were quite a few applicants from interstate so they gave us the option of having our third interview the next day.

Don't get me wrong, I knew that it was my choice to apply interstate and therefore wear the cost, and I did appriciate the option with the third interview. But maybe my suggestion would really help those who didn't have a few spare dollars to jetset around Australia for interviews.

I wasn't successful on my third interview therefore it is going to cost me a fortune the next time I am able to apply for QF. (Are they ever going to recruit in Brisbane again???) :confused:

Etoile
30th Aug 2001, 00:15
They don't have to pay you to do that kind of thing, because they know that they can find anyone to do that job. They can fid someone to do it that doesn't want to get paid. When we have outbases, the F/A's don't get paid for moving expenses, but the Pilot's and the Purser's do. That's because they're not as easily replaced as flight attendants. There are tons of people out there that would love to be a flight attendant and they know that. That's why they don't pay you. :p