PDA

View Full Version : Mt Killimanjaro sightseeing flight question?

critical winge
7th Nov 2007, 09:55
Hi all. Could anyone recommend an operator to do a sightseeing flight out of Nairobi or Dar Es Salam to go around Mt Killi and back, how much would that cost?

Thanks in advance! :ok:

lowbypass
7th Nov 2007, 14:16
Try operators based in arusha, Tanzania. It might mean a charter

406pilot
7th Nov 2007, 14:29
hi some lucky guys on board tc7908 normally get a free of charge mountain viewing on board air tanzania b737,i only know 1 capt who does it so u need to e very lucky but the guy is a perfectionist and really knows how to show off the mountain..just for the record the whole mountain is located in tanzania..most operators in tanzania operate unpressurised turbines and the mountain is 19000'+ so keep tht in mind when booking....

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406 pilot but back to the turbines

B737 lover
8th Nov 2007, 05:54
Hi 406pilot, i bet that you are the one who likes to showoff to some beautiful chicks onboard 7908 how Mt. Kili looks like from the air, but i don't really blame you, because we all do that and it is our weakness. About the unpressurised turbines climbing to 19000+ feet, no problem, they know what they are doing, guys do it all the time from Arusha and Kili with portable Oxygen or builtin oxygen masks, try to ask your fellow friend who is currently flying the 406 for Regional air, he does it all the time.
Critical winge take lowbypass advice, try to charter an aircraft from Arusha, there are so many of them and remember to tell them exactly what you want the pilot to do for you, its fun.
If you charter from Dar or Zanzibar it will cost you more and remember cost depends on the Company where you are going to charter that aircraft from.
Let me know if you need more help!

Blind Bob
8th Nov 2007, 10:07
Give Everett Aviation at Wilson Airport in Nairobi a call. Their site address is www.everettaviation.com. BB