PDA

View Full Version : Help.......Advice needed please.....

BRL
14th Jul 2001, 18:44
My wife and 1 year old daughter will be travelling to Toronto from Gatwick pretty soon on their own. Any ideas, suggestions what she can take or how best to occupy a 1yr old child on a long flight ..?

Would it be possible for them to be seated right at the front.? What does she do if she wants to go to the toilet i.e would a hostie look after the baby while she (the wife..) goes to the loo.? (Please no nasty replies about hosties being 'babysitters..'I appreciate the job that you all do is hard enough).

Any help, suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

gargantua
15th Jul 2001, 02:40
Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but try the klm website. They have a pretty extensive program for inflight fitness and also programs for children. The address is www.klm.nl (http://www.klm.nl) (look for "Special passengers" and "Travel&Health").

In my experience most airlines are very good at taking care of families travelling with children. I would suggest you contact your travelagency and see if they can arrange pre-check-in seating arrangements. Otherwise just be at the airport early, and get a good seat for your family. :)

mainfrog2
15th Jul 2001, 17:00
Hi Big Red L,

Be careful if you take a car baby seat for use on the aircraft. Airlines have strict rules on what can and can't be used, and just to be helpful US registered airlines have different rules again. The child will have to sit on your wifes lap otherwise. Car seats are okay in the cruise at our airline. We also would not be allowed to assist by carrying your baby, down steps etc. but the crew can carry your bags if needed. When you know what airline your travelling on it's a good idea to check out their specific web-site as some place greater or lesser restrictions.

Quite often we have passengers who come off Trans Atlantic flights and they find rules on European airlines are quite different.

BRL
23rd Jul 2001, 23:58
Thanks for the advice. Its nearly time for them to go. If anyone from Canada3000 is reading this would it be possible to e-mail me before Wed 25, thanks..