PDA

View Full Version : lauda air melbourne base??

galleygirl
11th Jul 2001, 10:00
does anyone know much about lauda air melbourne base? how many crew do they have here? is german a necessity? what kind of routes are they doing? how often are they recruiting? any answers much appreciated!

Approach Warning
11th Jul 2001, 12:10
Hi gg

As far as I know we now have about 19 australian FA's stationed in Melbourne at the moment.
You don't have to be able to speak german if you can it will help a little ofcourse.
Only our B777 flies to Australia and I think you'll only fly to Sydney and/or Kuala Lumpur from Melbourne and not to Vienna.

If you do want to give a go Lauda can be a nice company to work for.
But like every other airline it has its bad sides to.

I don't know anything about the recruitment process.

If you join Lauda Air let me know, maybe will be flying together in a couple of months.

Grussie,
A W

(edited for the always inevitable typo)

[ 11 July 2001: Message edited by: Approach Warning ]

TOGA_Party
12th Jul 2001, 10:13
galley girl,
In response to your post,I rang an aquaintance at Lauda. It appears you would have to have a European Passport to be eligable to work for Lauda dispite being based in Australia. Go figure!
Regards
TOGA_Party

Mr Seatback 2
12th Jul 2001, 10:31
Hello all,

Funny you should enquire about Lauda...I know that they will be recruiting again soon ex SYD base. I have an interview lined up already, but the two things I don't know are:

1) What they are like to work for? and
2) What the pay and conditions are like?

I have only heard tales from "friends of friends who knows someone who USED to work for Lauda"...I would much prefer to hear it from the "horses mouth" so to speak...

Sure, not every airline can have the pay or conditions that QF crew have...but I would like to know - and I'm sure there are others who'd like to know too!

By the way - my EU passport is being run up as we speak (talk about timing!)