PDA

View Full Version : Did your chosen FTO work for you?

gmac1977
6th Nov 2007, 12:23
Interested in hearing from everyone who has completed their JAA CPL/ME/IR.

Let me know where you went, who your now working for, which aircraft and how long it took from training completion to right hand seat.

Nice!!!

homerg88
6th Nov 2007, 14:54
I want to know aswell.

stue
6th Nov 2007, 18:15
Ok, I will start.......

Oxford Aviation Training. Finished their integrated course in July 07.

Had 2 interviews organised through them. A BA one part way through my IR and an interview with bmi mainline about a month after finishing MCC/JOT. bmi sim check passed and now in the hold pool for bmi. Not yet in that right hand seat because of happenings within bmi, but that’s a different story.

Yep, OAT worked for me!
:)

JB007
6th Nov 2007, 19:37
Actually been out of training for a while but Professional Air Training at BOH were fantastic, really really enjoyable IR...

I did 3 years on a turboprop now B757/767...

gmac1977
21st Nov 2007, 18:56
JB007

In your opinion,do you think training at PAT contributed to securing your 1st job?

Did they provide any assistance in job hunting after training?

They are top of my list for the CPL/ME/IR at the moment.

Just out of interest,which TP was it?

nice!:)

asuweb
22nd Nov 2007, 13:42
Worked for me. Graduated OAT in June this year, 2 interviews - one with BA, and the other with Flightline (who I now work for).

Blinkz
22nd Nov 2007, 15:24
worked for me. Graduated from OAT this year and all my interviews have been either through OATs help or through having OAT of my CV.

Geoff565
22nd Nov 2007, 16:14
Worked for me too. Graduated from OAT in April and was fortunate to have a BA interview mid-way through the IR in Jan. Subsequently managed to arrange myself an interview with bmi mainline just before finishing the course. I’m now in a very similar situation to Stue and treading water in the bmi pool.

dlav
22nd Nov 2007, 20:28
well saying as the rest of the boys have posted above, ill chip in too! OAT for me worked out well. Great mates, great times and a great job.

Managed to get an Interview with BA a few days after my IR. The rest is history. Airbus base training this weekend :)

JB007
22nd Nov 2007, 21:58
gmac1977

In your opinion,do you think training at PAT contributed to securing your 1st job?

No, as a modular student that wasn't what I paid them to do nor did I ever expect them to. They provided VERY high quality training. I learn't alot and they contributed to my skills which enabled me to gain my first job! I.e. Success at a sim ride.

They are top of my list for the CPL/ME/IR at the moment.

You won't go wrong mate! The most important thing I found was that despite the stress levels, I loved every minute of it and find myself in Bournemouth every year with my mate who I trained with reflecting on it! That and beer...

Just out of interest,which TP was it?

Saab 340.