PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew Question - Help Needed

Mowgli
15th May 2001, 23:20
I have a friend who is keen to be cabin crew, but she may not have enough educational quals. What UK education quals are required please? She is willing to go to nightschool if required.

Little Fly Girl
16th May 2001, 00:48
Hi!

I am not a member of cabin crew, just a mere student, so you may want to get this confirmed by someone else.

However, I think the min requirements for the majority of UK airlines is 5 GCSEs at C and above including Maths and English. Fluent written/spoken english is obviously a must have! Not all UK airlines require a second language but some do, it helps anyway... Also, I believe that for some BA cabin crew positions you must have an additional qualification in some sort of care work or somthing (haven't a clue what sort though....sorry!) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

I think your best bet is to go to specific websites for each airline, that way you'll know for sure. Also, you could try aviation job websites, these almost always state the min requirements without further enquiery.

Best of luck to your friend,

LFG ;)

Flighttime
17th May 2001, 21:41
Most UK airlines ask for minimum requirements i.e. Good general secondary education (which could mean anything), flueancy in English and a second language preferred, previous experiance of dealing with the public and first aid/nursing or similar experiance useful.

Each airline goes with thier own guidelines and in my experiance bend them if the person is right for the individual airline. More so than in the past airlines are taking on older candidate's purely as they have more life experiances.

One thing to remember at an interview they are going to test your English and Arithmatic, possibly your language skills, but more importantly how you interact with your fellow candidates and interviewers.

So while you may have all the requirements they are asking for you may still not fit in.

Having said all that. Your best bet is to apply to all the airlines, pick you most liked and go from there. However remember that thousands of people want to be cabin crew and at shortlisting time the neat application form and met requirements go a long way to getting you as far as the interview, the rest is up to you.

Good luck