PDA

View Full Version : FMS Training Devices

Low Cost Carrier
6th Nov 2007, 05:58
I am searching for a good online training device for a Honeywell FMS. Anybody know where I can find one?

LCC

Low Cost Carrier
6th Nov 2007, 09:58
Not after any particular model at this stage. I am keen to look at any.

18-Wheeler
6th Nov 2007, 11:19
I've got a Marconi FMS trainer, they're similar.

mjbow2
6th Nov 2007, 22:46
you might try Aerosim (http://aerosim.com/ProductsampServices/ByProduct/FMSTrainers/tabid/202/Default.aspx)

They do many/most FMS trainers. The Smith Industries FMS trainer for PC is about US$900+. As I understand it the 744 has a Honeywell FMS which they offer for PC also.

MJ

salamundi
7th Nov 2007, 02:43
There is a "Professor Mcdoo FMS Trainer" which is a generic FMS cd rom.
Or try www.smartcockpit.com
You can download stuff on specific FMS trainers for each A/C type.
A great reference web site

Waghi Warrior
17th Jan 2010, 23:57
Has anyone purchased an FMS trainer from Aerosim and if so do you think they are value for money ? I'm looking at a UNS 1 trainer,they sell them for about US$900.

Dog One
18th Jan 2010, 07:22
I have seen the Aerosim simulator, it is not bad, but the database is woefully out of date and they do not seem to want to do any thing about it. This means that most of the STARS and SIDS in Australia are not in the database. There were also some coding problems which wouldn't allow the DME function to work in the southern hemisphere. Apparently they promised the purchaser that all would be fixed in an update, but he is still waiting for the update.

Dubya
24th Jan 2010, 22:54
I have an FMS trainer on a CD...that didn't cost me $900US.....

...and it is the EXACTLY the same as the one in my B737ng......you know, the red ones....

so, if anyone would like a copy, I would gladly exchange for a carton of beer, or good bottle of red, delivered to my door at Mascot.......

...serious offer....

email [email protected]

I'll burn a copy...send it off to you...and also provide my contact details to answer any questions you have on how to drive it, the tricky stuff that rocket scientists will bluff you with, but when you work it out....you'll say.."that's fkn easy"....