PDA

View Full Version : Which Fleet

Turbine Kiwi
5th Nov 2007, 23:54
Hi guys, am waiting on a start date early next year and was thinking about possible fleets. If given the choice of A/C what are some of the factors that should be considered. Sounds like the Bus is good for variety, 777 for best A/C, 747 for ...

Any ideas?

slow and low
6th Nov 2007, 01:08
744 type would be a nice transition to Oasis Airlines

tyro330
6th Nov 2007, 02:37
In fact all types bar the 747 would provide a worthwhile rating for future employers...:}

Baywatcher
6th Nov 2007, 03:19
You won't have a choice!

GlueBall
6th Nov 2007, 08:19
IF given a choice [you won't] . . .would you actually have to think about whether to drive a VW Beetle, an E-class Mercedes or an 8-series BMW? :confused:

missingblade
6th Nov 2007, 10:12
You wont have to think about it cause you wont get to drive anything for at least three years.....and then it can all change again. So rather worry about your financial future, your kids lungs breathing HK air and your time to command than worry about the type of A/C.

missingblade
7th Nov 2007, 03:13
Well Jizz the reality is that for guys stuck on turbines in countries where the national airline is not an option ( SA ZIM and to a certain extend NZ - and soon the Romanians, Russains etc etc) or the regionals pay really badly ( CAN SA USA AUS NZ ) coming to CX is still a move up....the company knows it and these guys will keep coming. Reality is most of us here were in the same position Turbine Kiwi is in when we came here......

Gravox
7th Nov 2007, 09:27
Turbine Kiwi, Don't think you'll have much of a choice, it seems as if most of the new hires are being placed on to the 777. If you are sure this is the place you want to be take whatever gets you here the quickest.

I wanted a Bus gig so I could get back to NZ and Aus, but am on the 744 instead. Every fleet has is advantages and disadvantages. I'm not flying yet, still going thru all the hoops.

From how I see it

Bus; great variation, good guys, some extended layovers. Disadvantage being CCQ'd means working harder.

777; young fleet SO are only doing Bahrains and NYC at the moment, but will get progressively more destination. By the sounds of it most guys in the near future will upgrade on to the 777.

747; Daddy's yacht! A classic. Still a good network with a variation of Europe and America. As it is Long Haul, no quick trips to make up your flight hours like the A330. Perhaps this means more time off compared to Bus ccq'd crews.

This is what I make of it and don't guaranttee any info. As I said still new and trying to sort it all out myself. If you want any more info you can message me privately. I left NZ only a few months ago.

Mr. Bloggs
7th Nov 2007, 09:50
Ah yes, I can still smell the wool.:E:ok: