PDA

View Full Version : impulse/qantas alliance

galleygirl
8th May 2001, 15:10
does anyone know any inside information about this alliance. will impulse staff be contracted through aircrews or will they become a part of qantas? will the pay structure improve for aircrews staff? any information greatly appreciated!!

Evacu8
8th May 2001, 17:56
I would presume the Impulse f/a's would be employed under the same conditions as they are now.

The only diferences would be that they work in QF uniform, on QF Regional branded (maybe QANTASLink??) aircraft, parking at QF terminals.

Just as NJS is under contract to supply all the jets and crews to Qantas for QF's largest regional, Airlink. And just as Qantas contracts some International cabin crew from Adecco.

The only way for Impulse/ Aircrews conditions to improve would be for the FAAA and the Impulse f/as to fight for changes. Sorry, sounds harsh but it's reality - they're not gonna hand any pay/condition increases to you on a silver platter !!.

I would think that Impulse f/a's SHOULD be on a similar Award to the Airlink contracted crews, who are on a pretty good Award, compared to Impulse f/a's. Considering they will both be working on jet operations contracted to QF Regional brands.

But hey, it's not all doom and gloom, at least the Impulse flighties and techies look like they'll keep their jobs, which they wouldn't if the QF deal wasn't there.

Good Luck, which ever way it goes.

Biscuit Chucker
8th May 2001, 23:29
Dunno where they'll find space for the little suckers at the Eastern bays, not a lot of room left around our side.

galleygirl
9th May 2001, 06:17
thanks evacu8, thats basically what i have heard as well, at least jobs seem secure and pay increases may come in time, keep me up to date if you hear anything new!

caqtas air
9th May 2001, 08:56
Hey Gallery girl, contact the FAA, I hear from VERY reliable sources, that they are going to make sure that Impulse cabin crew are going to get the proper wages, or comparable to other QF regionals... Ring and check....Caqtas Jnr..

galleygirl
9th May 2001, 13:39
thanks for your advice. ive looked on faaa.net and it all seems to be focused on qantas crew. however i will give them a call and do some investigation. i hope your informers are right!!!!!

Evacu8
10th May 2001, 12:03
faaa.net is only for International crew represented by the international branch of the faaa. I would be contacting the domestic/regional division instead. The International branch only represents QF Long Haul and Lauda crew. But the domestic/regional branch represents all regionals and domestic including QF shorthaul, and all QF's regionals.

By the way, QANTASLink was announced as the new name for all QF's regionals today!! so I spose that is who you'll be flying for if the ACCC approves the takeover on the 15th.

Good Luck !

cabinboy
10th May 2001, 12:41
Evacu8,

Do you know what the current website address is for faaa domestic ? I can't seem to find the website anymore, only the Long Haul one.

Kind Regards