PDA

View Full Version : Why 'Flight Deck' ............?

Human Factor
8th Jul 2001, 19:05
Just wondering why those of us at the pointy end are referred to as Flight Deck? Surely that's the room where we sit! Why not call us pilots or flight crew?

If we applied the same logic to you guys, you'd be called 'Cabin'.

Just curious ...... :confused:

ops_bored
8th Jul 2001, 19:10
just plain and simple skirt. :D :D :D

Celtic Emerald
8th Jul 2001, 23:34
Well it's better than being called 'The Cockpit' then isn't it ;)

Anyway spare a thought for the poor well charged, over stressed pax being referred to as 'Self Loasding Freight'. Would YOU like to be referred to as freight then huh huh? :(

Oh Hogg when you start you're new job with you know who if I ever have the pleasure of jumpseating with you can I sit on your knee :D

Emerald

deepvainpain
9th Jul 2001, 15:43
I honestly dont know what your complaining about mate!!! Being called "Flight Deck" is really not that bad when you consider the terms that are used to refer to us lot down the back, eg Trolly Dolly, Flying Matress, Wagon Dragon etc the list seems to be endless. I personally have never heard that many evil names for you lot. WHY!!!! This is surely not fair.
If you want us to start calling you something different then you will have to start refering to us with the respect that we really deserve. Therefore for now on we should be refered to as "International Jet Godesses/Gods" :D
If you did this we'd call you whatever the f**k you want!!!

Human Factor
9th Jul 2001, 20:45
I never said I was complaining, just curious ......

DVP, I will happily refer to you as an 'International Jet God/Goddess', if you promise to call me a 'Steely Grey Eyed Member of the Master Race'!! Slim chance methinks ......... :cool:

(Edited because I can)

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: airforcenone ]

DX Wombat
10th Jul 2001, 03:28
DVP, I take it you are not familiar with the name "Airhead Techies"? often prefixed with less complimentary adjectives. ;)

only1leftmate!
12th Jul 2001, 00:00
Has it anything to do with the fact that the flight deck is full of knobs? :eek:

HeirToBob
12th Jul 2001, 19:07
.....Most of them small and dirty!!

twinjet
13th Jul 2001, 13:34
Often wondered why I am called flightdeck myself too. Cant ever recall naming the girls "rear galley".Prefer them to be called "pilots pals" rather than "cart tart" etc after a rather nice calender.Despite some rantings above, I find a lot of the girls I fly with very willing downroute!!

Orangewing
13th Jul 2001, 21:42
hear,hear, Twinjet! The platelayers down the back do have their uses,I've nailed many a cracker down-route!
No doubt girtbar and sectorbabe will now go off on one at me (again).
:D :D

SectorBabe
15th Jul 2001, 22:03
Would not dream of having a go, orangewing!!
Why ruin such a beautiful friendship ??? :D :D

SectorBabe
15th Jul 2001, 22:06
BTW, how many plates have you seen on our aircraft???
Go on, admit it, those grey plastics trays send you right back to dining at the Ritz... :D :D :D :D ( like these new instant Graemlins, as you can probably tell!!!)

250 kts
24th Jul 2001, 19:56
Surely if it's an all female flightdeck(God forbid!!) then it gets to become the Box Office.

BTB
26th Jul 2001, 04:13
Does anyone suspect I spit in the Midget Gems.....? :D

SectorBabe
26th Jul 2001, 17:27
Come to think of it, I don't remember midget gems having a liquid centre...??!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
How is your cherry tree doing??????