PDA

View Full Version : Question re BA 744 transatlantic configs

Taildragger67
5th Nov 2007, 08:52
Hi all,

Just wondering - does BA generally use one or other configs on 744s LHR-JFK?

That is, is one generally more likely to find the 38 Club or 70 Club seats on that run?

Thanks
TD67

spoilers yellow
5th Nov 2007, 13:06
Depends on the route and time of day I'm afraid.
eg. just done late LAX and had high club, the earlier one had low club.

VS-LHRCSA
5th Nov 2007, 14:35
Anyone remember the 102J? It came on-line after SST was grounded. Glad to see the back of that one.

apaddyinuk
5th Nov 2007, 17:06
Generally always the higher club on the JFK'S. Although the 38configs are almost signed to history now!

VS-LHRCSA
5th Nov 2007, 17:55
apaddyintheuk

Fellow paddy here.

Do you mean the 38J is disappearing on the JFK route or across the whole fleet in general? Also, with the new arrangement regarding the upper deck Purser, does this mean that the Club Purser is now in sole charge of a J70 cabin?

Hand Solo
5th Nov 2007, 21:41
If by the 38J he means the Lo J then yes they are on their way out across the whole fleet to be replaced by Mid-J. The JFK route nearly always has Hi-J (70J) config due to the high demand for Club seats on that route.

TopBunk
6th Nov 2007, 14:13
Almost, if not totally, without exception the 70J 744's to JFK.

The refit of the 38J aircraft to 52J is virtually complete. This sees the downstairs J-cabin moving back into the larger C-zone to drive the capacity increase in J - equivalent to something like an extra 400 J seats per day on the fleet, iirc.

Downside is that the config changes move 'W' class into B-zone, but the company say it is worth it:hmm:

As a result the mid-J 744's have 337 seats vs 351 in the low-J configs.

VS-LHRCSA
6th Nov 2007, 17:00
So let me get this straight. The 52J aircraft will be:

Upper Deck will be Club World, no change there.

Main Deck will be First, WT+, Club World, Traveller and Traveller.

Is that what youre saying, Top Bunk? Sounds a bit off the wall but I can actually see it working. Will be nice for the WT+ pax at least.

TopBunk
7th Nov 2007, 10:09
VS

So let me get this straight. The 52J aircraft will be:

You are wrong - not will be .... but are already, the mods are virtually complete, if not totally complete.

It has caused more than a few raised eyebrows and comments, as you suggest over disembarking sequence, use of toilets, grabbing of J snacks by WTP pax, etc etc.