PDA

View Full Version : Salary Structure issues

Tom_Kitty
5th Nov 2007, 08:29
Hey, to all fellow aviators.

Lads I need some help/advice.
As is always the problem with a new aviation company, the beancounters don't have an idea about the industries current salaries. Fortunately we are blessed with a reasonable head-honcho that is open to suggestions:D

The question is, is anybody willing and able to provide a salary structure? The company is operating pressurized twin turbines and is doing about 100 to 150 hours a month.

Happydays
5th Nov 2007, 09:19
I would say F/O R15 000/month Capt R23 000 /month

Tom_Kitty
5th Nov 2007, 12:41
Thanx, it's a beginning ...

I would agree with the above, in addition we would have to include issues such as medical aid funds, pension, incentives per nautical mile or per hour, what about pension fund contribution etc, etc. I suppose we would also have to look at years pilots are already with the company, amount of hours they have etc.

I know this is no easy undertaking, but I am of the firm believe that too often pilots are seen as implements that only exist if and when the aircraft needs too fly. At other times they simply vanish and do not exist.:sad:

sky waiter
6th Nov 2007, 06:48
Salries also depends on crew experience,

i.e if i have 5000hrs on type and qualify for one specific contract i am not going to accept R23000 more like R35000.

Also where are you operating from, at home or on contract, generally contract salries are higher and range from $4000-$7000 a month. If you are at home maybe less will be accpetable depending on working conditions. And as you mentioned the total packegae with med aid pension etc etc

divinehover
6th Nov 2007, 07:13
Contact Sonia Ferreira at ALPA-SA. 011 394 5310. She can perhaps help by getting info from varies differant groups. Your pilots would have to be ALPA members though.

Tom_Kitty
6th Nov 2007, 13:06
Thanks for the reply guys, I will definately give Sonia a call and see what we can find out.

In the meantime if anybody could provide, or share a salary structure here, I would be eternally greatful.:p

How do charter companies structure their pilots salary?

Sky waiter, I for one agree. Am currently close to 7000 hrs TT and salaries do not come close to 35 000 ....

By the way any ideas what the freelance rates are in RSA?

maxrated
6th Nov 2007, 13:17
Hi Tom, currently freelance charter rates in SA on Med Cat Turboprops and smaller, are R1.70 to R1.80 per km for a Captain and about R1.50 for a F/O, but this is expected to increase in the new year, I guess it will end up being around 2 bucs per km capt and 1.70 for an F/O.

I know that some of the freelance jet crews at FALA are currently on R2 per k/m.

Most charter company's factor a pilot crew allocation of R3 to R3.50 per k/m for their cost breakdown.