PDA

View Full Version : JMC Recruitment?...

Little Fly Girl
3rd May 2001, 20:47
Hi Ya.

I am keen to find out all about JMC's requirements for cabin crew applications. All I (think) know is that they will accept people from the age of 18 yrs....is this true? Also, what is the pay like and when do they recruit or is all year round? Loadsa questions and not many answers! :)

Any help would be much appreciated (even if its just a link to a useful site!)

Thanks in advance,

LFG ;)

VFE
4th May 2001, 21:29
Hi,

Well I was going to post aload of useful info for you Little Fly Girl as I went for an interview with JMC just over a year ago. Unfortunately, it appears VFE lobbed all his entry requirements and other literature from JMC out, sometime during the last year. :rolleyes:
My info would probably be out of date anyway.

However, I can give some idea of how the interview day went that I attended.
It started with the usual sign in and gather round for a social before watching the company history video. Then the 40 or so of us were split up into groups of 4 where we were observed "getting to know each other". Following on we had an assesor sit in with us to ask us questions in a very informal and relaxed atmosphere.
Short break then into another room where we joined a couple of other groups for some team excercises (again all closley monitored by the assesors) and that was pretty much it.
There were no written tests or "talk about this for 1 minute" style exercises like some airlines, so pretty much as simple as they get from my experience and from what other people have told me.

JMC pride themselves on the informal social type group interview to keep applicants as relaxed as possible - that's what they said at mine anyway.

As for pay, that will obviously have changed so I cannot comment I'm afraid.

From those that I know who are cabin crew, they say that when going for the interview be as out going (but definatley not overbearing!) as you can and just be yourself. A little tip they gave me: Try and strike up a conversation with someone who looks nervous or quiet.

Cabin Crew Recruitment Tel No. is: 0161 489 0645 or 0161 489 6204. They will answer any questions and send you a form.

Hope that helps you if you get through the application stage and sorry I couldn't help you out with the requirements part of your question!

Good luck, VFE.

PS: 18 was the minimum age when I applied. And is the height restriction still between 5'2" and 6'2"?

Edited to remove a whole bunch of "wells" out of my post. Lawdy lawd, I sounded like John Motson there for a minute!!

[This message has been edited by VFE (edited 05 May 2001).]

Little Fly Girl
6th May 2001, 03:06
Thanks for your help VFE, V.Much appreciated! ;)

LFG